Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hen3ry1
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The printer prints in color but not black, even after I replaced empty black cartridge.

HP Photosmart C6180
macOS 10.14 Mojave

My HP Photosmart C6180 prints in color but not black.  I  replaced the black cartridge, which seemed empty, but still get no black printing--or  it's faint and maybe distorted at bit.  Lately the printer has seemed noisier than usual, and I have gotten several warnings to clear a paper jam, although I never find any.  And now this.  Am I dealing with two separate problems here, one mechanical and one ink/printhead related?

2 REPLIES 2
Level 15
Level 15
968 961 92 228
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The printer prints in color but not black, even after I replaced empty black cartridge.

@hen3ry1 

Hello,

Unfortunately, the problem you are encountering is a hardware problem at the print head (where the black ink goes).

In case of need, do not hesitate to contact us.

Best regards,:Wink:

I'm not an HP employee. Did this message answer your question? Include it below as an Accepted Solution! Did you find this message useful?  Click on the thumbs up set to give a Compliment! Follow us on Facebook Assistance customers HP.

HP Expert support community HP France.
0 Kudos
hen3ry1
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Can I clean the printhead, or do I need to replace it?

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation