Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP 6812
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My HP6812 has worked perfectly for me to print family photos, etc.  I do not know what has changed but all of the sudden all of the printing options on the menu have a "lock" icon on them and I have tried everything I know and have not been able to enable printing features.  

Please take it easy on me, I'm not that computer savvy but not completely illiterate either.  At the moment, I'm just frustrated, not understanding what's changed and have a new grandson I have not been able to print pictures of!  🙂

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Sreese, Welcome to HP Support Community!

I understand you have issues with accessing the printing options on the printer. I'd suggest you try a factory reset on the printer and see if that helps.

Follow the steps below-

Swipe right on the home screen of the printer's display to access the Setup Menu

Select Printer Maintenance > Restore > Restore Factory Defaults 

Restart the printer and try again.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I'm sorry for the delay, I have two jobs right now.  Just tried to swipe the menu screen and the printer appears to be frozen.  It will not shut down when I press the power button either. 

HP Recommended

@Sreese

The only option left is to perform a full reset and re-initialize the printer. 

The reset instructions are specific for your printer and performing those steps on a different printer may brick the device. 

I've sent you a private message with reset instructions, follow the reset instruction to perform a full reset and re-initialize the printer. 

In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link.

Hope this helps!

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I finally figured the "return" key out and got all the way to "semi reset" but when I press "okay" nothing happens and it appears to be frozen.   Grrr...

HP Recommended

@Sreese

Thanks for replying!

This requires remote assistance. I'd suggest you contact the HP Support in your region for further course of action.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.