Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 8610
macOS 10.15 Catalina

I was never asked by the printer that I need an admin password and I never set one.  But it's still that the same Command Window on the printer: "The feature has been locked y your administrator or the person who set up the printer."

So how can I access the features who are disabled at the moment?

Thanks for your answers.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Cant open what you send

HP Recommended

@Aorta 

Hello,

In order to solve this issue, please restore the printer to the original factory settings

1. From the printer control panel display, touch and slide your finger across the screen and then
    touch Setup icon ().
  2. Touch Tools.
  3. Touch Restore Factory Defaults, and then touch Yes.
    A message appears stating that the printer defaults have been restored.
  4. Touch OK.

In case of need, do not hesitate to solicit us..

Best regards,:Wink:

I'm not an HP employee. Did this message answer your question? Include it below as an Accept As Solution! Did you find this message useful?  Click on the thumbs up set to give a Compliment! Follow us on Facebook Assistance customers HP.

HP Recommended

That doesn't solve my problem, it's still locked.

HP Recommended

And when I wanna print my printer is offline, although it's still online when I touch the WIFI Symbol?

HP Recommended

@Aorta 

Thanks for your return,

I have sent you a private message with instructions to reset the printer. Please only change the fields quoted in my private message. 

I ask you not to republish the procedure indicated in my PM in the public community and I thank you for doing so.

Afterwards I invite you to come back here.

I remain at your disposal in case of need.

Best regards,:Wink:

I'm not an HP employee. Did this message answer your question? Include it below as an Accept As Solution! Did you find this message useful?  Click on the thumbs up set to give a Compliment! Follow us on Facebook Assistance customers HP.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.