Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Desktop FUFMIFU
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

It seems that I no longer have the option of printing in color since I got a Windows 10 computer. When I want to print the little window does not ask if I want to print in color. I looked at the properties and they are set to color. This has been very frustrating and I can't find a solution and I have looked for a solution for a long time. I have to give HP a bad review for not having any good support options at all. This is an all in one computer and it is an Intel Celeron G4900T Windows 10.

Thank you in case you can help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Miryam7

I'd suggest you Contact HP in your region regarding the replacement ink.

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hi @Miryam7

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you with the color printing issue. 

Download and install HP Print and Scan Doctor, it is a Windows tool to fix printer issues. 

If the issue still persists, try re-installing the printer driver -

1. In the search box, type and open "Uninstall a Program".

2. Look for HP Printer software.

3. Right-click to uninstall.

4. In the search box, type and open “Devices and printers”.

5. In the Devices and Printers, look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose “Delete” or “Remove Device”.

6. Open the run command with the "Windows key + R" key combo. 

7. Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between “printui.exe” and “/s”).

8. Click on the "Drivers" tab.

9. Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click “Remove” at the bottom.

10. Select Ok.

11. Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows.

12. Close Devices and Printers Once the software and drivers are removed.

13. Restart the computer.

14. Download and install the software and drivers from here for Windows 10 (64-bit).

15. Click on the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I reinstalled the printer with the link you gave and it still does not print in color.

HP Recommended

@Miryam7

Try built-in drivers - HP Printers - Installing and Using the Windows Built-in Print Driver

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for trying to help. I entered that window for device settings but the button that says "yes" was in grey and did not let me say "yes." 

HP Recommended

@Miryam7

Try step# 1 to 12 from this post to un-install the printer driver. 

Restart the printer spoolers - 

1. Turn off the printer using the power button.
2. Search Windows for run, and click the Run Windows application in the list of results.
3. Type services.msc in the Run window, and then press Enter on the keyboard.
The Services menu opens.
4. Right-click Print Spooler and select Stop.
5. After the service has been stopped, close the service window and use Windows Explorer to browse to C:\Windows\System32\Spool\PRINTERS.
6. Delete all files inside the PRINTERS folder.
7. Restart your computer.
8. Turn on your printer.

Download and install the driver from here.

Let me know. 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Dear Asmita6658: First, I am sorry it took so long to get back to you and thank you for your help. I followed your instructions and when I came to the  C:\Windows\System32\Spool\PRINTERS there were no files in that area to delete and it was empty. I restarted the computer as you told me to and turned the printer on. Then I downloaded the driver and when it came to connecting USB cable the page got stuck. It didn't have a continue button but a skip button and the skip button didn't work. I did finally check the continue the installation without connecting, etc. and then the skip button became active and I skipped it and it said when you are ready to connect come back, etc. but I was connected and I guess that app didn't know. I also went inside of the HP Deskjet 1110 link I have for the printer. In the ink levels area, it showed the color cartridge as 63setup and I don't know what that means and it has an exclamation point above it in yellow. "The black ink is about almost 1/3 and has 63 underneath and a green checkpoint on top. As you can see the colored cartridge has this exclamation point on top so does that mean something bad? I don't know what it means so please let me know. Also, the color cartridge shows about 1/8 of color and does that mean it is still new? I thought it was new because it was hardly used.  I also did all the functions like clean cartridge and printer, etc. and printed the test page twice and no color on it. On the customize your printer it doesn't give the option for color either. So now you hopefully know what is ailing this printer and thank you in advance.

HP Recommended

@Miryam7

Have you tried printing from any other device? 

Let me know. 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

The computer that I have these problems now is new. I had a Windows 7 computer before and it seemed to print in color. Also, is it possible that the printer cartridge is bad? That happened to me before with the other computer that it would not print with a new cartridge. The color cartridge is a new one. Can you send me a new cartridge so I can see if the cartridge is bad? I have a Samsung smartphone but I don't know how to print from it.

HP Recommended

@Miryam7

I'd suggest you Contact HP in your region regarding the replacement ink.

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.