Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Photosmart Plus B210a
macOS 10.14 Mojave

My Mac is telling me that I need to replace the toner in my printer. Each time I try to print now it will print half of the job or not any of it. It prints blank pages. I have never replaced toner in a printer but I know it is not an ink issue because I just replaced it before I started school. I also do not know where to look to find the replacement for it. Please help! I have a lot of printing to do between now and Monday! Thank you 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Lyss15, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

You may get this notification to change the ink cartridges if the ink level is almost empty in any of the 4 ink cartridges installed in the printer.

Check estimated ink levels

1. On the printer control panel, touch the Setup icon , and then touch Tools.

2. Touch Display Estimated Ink Levels.

3. Image: Estimated ink levels on control panel

4. Replace any low or empty ink cartridges

Also, perform step 4 mentioned in this document.

Update the printer firmware

Click here to download and install the latest firmware from your MAC.

Click here to know different methods of updating printer firmware.

You may get the replacement HP ink cartridges from a local store or order it online from HP Store

Let me know how this goes.

If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Lyss15, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

You may get this notification to change the ink cartridges if the ink level is almost empty in any of the 4 ink cartridges installed in the printer.

Check estimated ink levels

1. On the printer control panel, touch the Setup icon , and then touch Tools.

2. Touch Display Estimated Ink Levels.

3. Image: Estimated ink levels on control panel

4. Replace any low or empty ink cartridges

Also, perform step 4 mentioned in this document.

Update the printer firmware

Click here to download and install the latest firmware from your MAC.

Click here to know different methods of updating printer firmware.

You may get the replacement HP ink cartridges from a local store or order it online from HP Store

Let me know how this goes.

If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I solved this issue simply changing my toner. It worked perfectly for me and I was able to return to my job faster. I was looking for any kind of solving this issue, but this was too hard for me, more than that I did not want to enter this process of checking settings or configure something in the printer. I bought a new[edit]and my printer started to work, even better. To cut it short, its way much easier to replace the toner, and it's probably more simple

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.