Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
OfficeJet 4650
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hi all,

I recently purchased an OfficeJet 4650. After printing the first time, I pushed the tray in, and now it will not come back out.

Any advice or fixes?

Thanks,

Ty

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
Welcome @ty_warman,

Thanks for participating in the forums! I see you are experiencing issues with the tray extender. I would be happy to help you. 

The Output Tray has an auto deploy feature so that the printer will automatically eject it to catch the paper, but it does not retract it, that part is up to you.

I would try the power reset listed in this document: HP Printers - Printer Does Not Turn On.

You could try using tweezers to get it to come out.

If the issue continues, please contact  HP Customer Support to find out what service or trade-in options are available. Fill in the model number and the form to receive a case number for quicker assistance.

Feel free to click on the "Accept as Solution" and the "Thumbs Up" if this helped.
Please let me know the results. Best Regards,

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended
Welcome @ty_warman,

Thanks for participating in the forums! I see you are experiencing issues with the tray extender. I would be happy to help you. 

The Output Tray has an auto deploy feature so that the printer will automatically eject it to catch the paper, but it does not retract it, that part is up to you.

I would try the power reset listed in this document: HP Printers - Printer Does Not Turn On.

You could try using tweezers to get it to come out.

If the issue continues, please contact  HP Customer Support to find out what service or trade-in options are available. Fill in the model number and the form to receive a case number for quicker assistance.

Feel free to click on the "Accept as Solution" and the "Thumbs Up" if this helped.
Please let me know the results. Best Regards,

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

I am still having this problem. I shut is down for the summer, and now the printer arm doesn't extend when printing. I've tried a power reset. How do I fix this?

HP Recommended

@MKS1976

This is a great location to get assistance! I read your post and see that paper tray does not extend on Officejet 4650 printer while printing. I would like to help you resolve this issue.

As you have done power reset already.

Update the printer firmware and check if the issue persists.

Click here and refer the document to update the printer firmware.

Let me know how it goes.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I checked for printer updates on the printer, and everything's up to date. No new updates available.

HP Recommended

@MKS1976

Thanks for the reply.

I appreciate your time and effort.

As you have already tried these steps and still having the issue, I would personally suggest you contact our HP phone support for further assistance. If your product is Out of warranty then remember to choose the paid options to get the tech support number.

They might have multiple options to help you on this.

Please use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process:

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect

Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Step 4. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone number and phone number appear.

They will be happy to assist you immediately.

Keep me posted for any other assistance,

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.