Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
6500A Plus
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I need to print off some papers urgently and my printer does not seem to be receiving information from my laptop.

I have sent the documents, but they are just sitting in the queue.

I have looked at the printer, everything seems to be working ok, it will copy, ink and paper are fine.

I have printed off the wireless network test report and that doesn't seem to show any problems either.

The printer is showing to be online on my laptop, and I have tried removing the printer and reinstalling it, but nothing seems to help.

Any ideas of what else I can try? I am a teacher and home this week as it is holidays, but have lots of work to catch up on. Really don't want to have to go and buy another printer if I can help it.

Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi, give the HP Print & Scan program a try. (see link)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post that solves your issue as "Accept as Solution".
I am a volunteer and do not work for HP.
HP Recommended

Thanks that fixed it 😀👍

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.