Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jackie1959
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Trying to connect iPad to Deskjet 2540 for printing.

Deskjet 2540

When connecting my iPad to the printer it asks for a password. How do I find my password

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Level 9
3,759 3,753 365 667
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

It soundsl ike you may be using the wifi direct feature in which the printer generates its own wifi signal to which you can connect directly (although this prevents your device from connecting to the internet). You'll recognise the wifi direct network as it will hav ethe printer name in it. If you see this network it means that you have wifi direct enabled. The deafult password is often something like 012345678. If you hold down the wifi direct button on teh printer for 3-5 seconds it should print off the password.

If you have a router and home, then disbale wifi direct and connect both printer and all devices connecting to it to your home wifi network and you should then be able to print fine.

"
"Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
0 Kudos
mindseye49
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am actually trying to help a non computer literate neighbour will a Dell desktop computer , running Windows 10 .

They have a HP deskjet  2540 all in one printer. The Printer works ok with  a USB  cable .  BUT they now want to wireless from  a windows 10,  laptop and an iPad.  How can the printer be set up to do this ? 

0 Kudos
19,789 15,124 308 1,174
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue by clicking here.
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire: 
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about posting in the community, please feel free to send me a private message!

Thank you

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation