01-29-2020 11:57 AM
I have a Officejet 8020 & it prints & copies off mobile app & direct copy but my HP desktop continue to install but at the end gives error message. I tried & tried again through HP Easy Start Printer Download. Again, it goes through the motions & in the end give same error message. That my computer doesn't support application or can't complete download 😡
01-31-2020 04:19 PM
Welcome to the HP Support Community!
I reviewed your post and I understand that you are facing issues installing the printer on the computer.
Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.
I recommend you try adding the printer on the computer using the printer IP address and check if it helps.
Here is how it is done.
1. Select “Start” and type “printers” in the search box.
2. Choose “Printers & scanners“.
3. Select “Add a printer or scanner“.
4. Wait for the “The printer that I want isn’t listed” option to appear, then select it.
5. Select “Add a printer using a TCP/IP address or hostname” , then select “Next“.
6. Select “TCP/IP Device” in the “Device type” list.
7. Type the hostname or the IP address of the printer. Select “Next“. To find the IP address of the printer, touch the Wi-Fi icon on the printer's control panel.
8. Windows should find the printer if the printer is on and configured correctly. You may have to specify more information. If prompted, Select the type of network adapter installed in the printer in the “Device Type” drop-down list. You can also click “Custom” to specify custom settings for the network printer. Select “Next“
Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!
If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!
I am an HP Employee