cancel
Grannie123 Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Trying to reinstall print driver for HP Officejet 5610 All-in-One on my netbook.

HP Officejet 5610 All-in-One

Trying to reinstall by print driver on to my Acer Aspire One.  It was on here for several years.  Last year we updated to Windows 10 on the free up load and it worked till a couple of weeks ago....it said I had a paper Jam when there was none then it did this several times then acted funny and was gone...I can scan from my printer but not print???  Tried reinstalling the driver and errors come up come and when they run the errors scan they tell me it is having problems with my Windows 8....I am not on windows 8 nor have I ever been...went from windows 7 to windows 10.  Grrrrrrr...HELP!!!

9 REPLIES 9
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
7692 7684 421 580
Message 2 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Trying to reinstall print driver for HP Officejet 5610 All-in-One on my netbook.

Hi @Grannie123,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that you are unable to install the drivers for 
HP Officejet 5610 All-in-One Printer on your computer.

This issue could occur if the drivers are not installed properly.

Let's go through a few steps to uninstall and reinstall the drivers:

Step 1: Uninstall the Drivers:

Please follow the steps provided to uninstall the printer software in the link: Uninstalling the Printer Software (Windows)

Also, please follow the steps provided below to completely remove the printer software from printer properties.

Steps to remove printer driver files from Print Server Properties:

1. Open the Print Server Properties dialog window by doing one of the following:
    • Click the Start menu and in the search field type 'printui /s /t2' (without the quotes), and then press Enter or click it in the search list.
    • Press WINDOWS-R on the keyboard to bring up the Run window, type in 'printui /s /t2' (without the quotes), and then press Enter or click OK.
    • From the Start menu or the Start screen:
    • Open Devices and Printers.
    • Select any printer and then click "Print server properties" at the top of the window.
    • Click on the Drivers tab.
  2. Select the printer driver you wish to uninstall.
  3. Click the Remove button.
  4. Select "Remove driver and driver package" and click OK.

Step 2: Download and install the Drivers from the link: Full Feature Software and Drivers

Let me know how this works.

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23
I am an HP Employee

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know and also show your appreciation by clicking the Accept as Solution button, Thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos
gmgbert64 Top Student
Top Student
5 5 0 0
Message 3 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My HP Office jet 5610 has the same problem as the previous entry.   Printer failed and tried to re-install.    The

driver/install thinks I'm on Windows 8.    I'm on Windoze 10, with a  64 bit system.   It fails and goes off into 

HP support download / report to HP /  and is a complete waste of time.

The file name downloaded is (found by searching for HP installations.   The answer by the HP employee just says 

try it again).

AIO_CDB_NonNet_Full_Win_WW_140_408-4.exe

(326.2 MB)

User:  gmgbert64

0 Kudos
gmgbert64 Top Student
Top Student
5 5 0 0
Message 4 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I did the delete driver routine by going to the printer propties and tried to delete the driver.  I got an error message saying

I did not have Admin. permission but the driver deleted anyway.

Then I tried rerunning the previously noted install.

I go to the screen saying:

Installing device with a CD spinning and pictures of three happy users, I am not in the picture.

I got the "Fatal error during installation", after clicking on the OK the routine went into the 

error gathering operation.   With the summary message:

HP Install error on Windows  8.     I am on Windows 10.

I then snipped the error msg. and the log.   

Please help,    I am giving up.

This is probably the 20th time I have retried this routine.

HP5600 series AIO install errors.png

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
4334 4327 407 444
Message 5 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @gmgbert64

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

1) Right-click on the Start or the Windows icon and open run. 
2) In the Run box, type %temp% and hit on "Ok". This will open the "Temp" folder.
3) Select "Date Modified" to "Today" and look for a 7z.... folder. 
4) Open the folder and look for a .msi file. 
5) Right click on it to install. 

Try running the downloaded file in compatibility mode. Once the driver is downloaded, right click on the download in the browser and then click on "Show in folder". Right click on "Properties" and then click on the "Compatibility" tab. Select, "Run this compatibility mode for:" - Windows Vista. Also, check the box for "Run this program as an administrator". 

Let me know how that goes. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
gmgbert64 Top Student
Top Student
5 5 0 0
Message 6 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Asmita,

Thank you for your response.  I am a bit confused on your instructions.

1)   Looking in the TEMP folder and there were four 7z.... folders, none had an *.MSI file.

I have been trying to use the file:

that I downloaded from the HP Support page.

But it is an EXE not an MSI.     I normally download drivers and updates into a specific folder, in my case I 

called it  "HP Support".      So it is not in the TEMP folder.

So where do I find and download   the *.MSI file.

2)  You say run it in the "compatibility" mode.   What is that ?    

I typically just dbl. click on an EXE or MSI.   How do I start it in compatibility mode ?

I will try to find the MSI and then do the right click and run option.

3)  Then you mention  Windows Vista,  I have said from the start I am on Win 10, 64 bit.  One of the problems I noted before

was that the AIS_CDB_....  would execute and then say error with Windows 8.0    So it doesn't even pay

attention to what operating system it is running on.    So why do you mention VISTA ?

I will see if I can find the MSI driver and download it.

Gary

0 Kudos
gmgbert64 Top Student
Top Student
5 5 0 0
Message 7 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Asmita,

I retried to run 

but this time I did as you said and right clicked on properties and found the compatibility mode.

In the drop down list of OS, I see Win 95, 3.1, 7, 8, Vista but no WIN 10 !

So I tried Windows 7, since that was a decent version of Windows,  I got the same error as I mentioned previously.

So, I'm awaiting your suggestion on how to find the MSI driver file you mentioned.

Gary

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
4334 4327 407 444
Message 8 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@gmgbert64

Try installing the built-in driver - HP Printers - Installing and Using the Windows Built-in Print Driver

Let me know. 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
gmgbert64 Top Student
Top Student
5 5 0 0
Message 9 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Asmita,

The good news:  I think the printer is finally installed and working.

The bad news:   I have spent over 20 hours trying to do something so simple, I am still very disapointed with the whole process.

My time is valuable and was completely wasted.  Please show the lead tech. people the logs that I have pasted and  and tell them of my frustrations with the software thinking I was on Windows 8.0,  8.1, and you mentioned Vista.  None of which I have.

In the instructions you sent the link for installing with a pre-installed driver,  below are steps: 8-10. 

I did step 8, and then NEXT in 9 but there is not a "stop" to say disconnect/connect the USB cable.

So I just unplugged it, counted to 5 and plugged the USB plug back in and the printer started printing my test

doc (not the test page).   The on-screen instructions do NOT say when to plug in the USB.

So, I guess it is working.

----------------

Steps........8,9,10:

8.  Click HPHewlett-Packard, or Hewlett Packard in the Manufacturer pane, and then click the name of your printer in the Printers pane.

9. Click Next, and then follow the on-screen instructions to install the driver.
10. Disconnect the printer USB cable from the computer, and then reconnect the cable.
----------------------
Gary

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
4334 4327 407 444
Message 10 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@gmgbert64

Happy to hear that you were able to resolve the issue. If you need further assistance, please feel free to reach out to us. 

Have a great day!

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation