01-27-2020 10:58 AM
Turning off WiFi Direct does NOT disable WiFi signal until reboot. NO MENTION OF THIS IN MANUAL.
WiFi light off while WiFi signal for Direct Connect still active.
A bit sloppy, HP.
01-29-2020 06:04 PM
Welcome to HP support community.
Perform a power reset
- Turn on the printer, if it is not already on.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
- Wait at least 30 seconds.
- Plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet and printer without any surge protector.
- Turn on the printer.
Update the printer firmware
Here are the steps:- Click here
I hope that helps.
To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.
I am an HP Employee
01-29-2020 06:29 PM
Firmware was already at 1925A when these problems were observed:
1. Printer transmitting wireless signal while wireless status indicator was NOT illuminated.
2. Disabling WiFi Direct disables WiFi transmissions from printer ONLY AFTER printer is rebooted.
There is NO mention of this requirement in the manual.