Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
OfficeJet Pro8740
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Singled sided printing works just fine.  But when I try to print 2-sided, it pulls the second page through slightly crooked and the top right corner of the page is dog-eared.  I've taken it to Best Buy Geek Squad and they weren't really very helpful.  I came home and took it apart and found 2 little tiny pieces of paper in it.  Cleaned it out, re-calibrated, used the canned air to blow out the inside, but it still pulls/prints crooked.  Once in a while it will get so off track that it will jam and tear the top right part of the page to shreds.  Then I have to start the process all over.  

Any suggestions on how to fix or where I can take it that will actually fix it?  It's only a couple years old and I paid good money for it.  Don't want to trash it and buy a new one.  Too much waste.  

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@kcraven

Welcome to HP support community.

Clear a paper jam from the rear of the printer

1. Turn off the printer, and then disconnect the power cord and any other cables.

2. Turn the printer so that the rear access door faces you.

3. Press the two tabs inward on the rear access door, lower the rear access door to open it, and then remove any jammed paper.

Image: Opening the rear access door

4. Press the two buttons inward on the paper path cover, and then pull the cover out of the printer.

Image: Removing the paper path cover

5. Remove any jammed paper. To avoid the paper tearing, use both hands to pull out the paper.

6. Remove any torn bits of paper or debris from the rear of the printer. You might need to use a flashlight.

7. Insert the paper path cover back into the printer.

8. Close the rear access door.

9. Reconnect the power cord and any other cables to the rear of the printer, and then turn on the printer.

You can refer this HP document for more assistance:- Click here

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for the suggestion, but I've done that multiple times already and it still didn't help.  

HP Recommended

@kcraven

This seems to be a hardware issue.

I request you to talk to HP support.

They might have multiple options to help you with this.

1. Click on this link - https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp?openCLC=true
  2. Select the country.
  3. Enter the serial of your device.
  4. Select the country from the drop-down.
  5. Click on "Show Options".
  6. Fill the web-form. A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.