Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 7800 All In One

I have a Mac OS 10.15.2. I just recently connected via wifi to my HP 7800, and everything works well EXCEPT: When I try to print double-sided I receive this message: 

The Two-Sided option, Long-edge binding, is not available when the destination paper size is set to Index card Letter 8.5x11in..

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@aksylvia

I have gone through your Post and would like to help

Unfortunately you can do Duplex printing ( 2 sided printing ) on Index Card sizes

Please select another Paper Type and Size 

To change the default paper size for printing, click the Apple menu → click System Preferences → click Printers & Scanners → click the Default Paper Size menu and choose your new size.

Thank you

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

This confuses me. Do they consider 8.5x11" to be "index card" size? That's what it's set for.

HP Recommended

@aksylvia

8.5x11 is US letter size sheet. Since you mentioned that the setting is set to INDEX CARD LETTER, Please change it to INDEX CARD 4/6

You can refer to this Link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04701747  for help in changing the paper type and paper size  

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

This is still not helping me. I've gone through the steps in the link you sent, but every time I click on "2-sided" it takes me back to this message: 

The Two-Sided option, Long-edge binding, is not available when the destination paper size is set to Index card Letter 8.5x11in..

I have gone under System Preferences on my Mac to change the paper size. My default choices are: 

US Letter

US Legal

A4

A5

JIS B5

B5

Tabloid

Tabloid A3

etc.

Nothing says "Index Card".

I bought this printer because the dealer assured me it would print 2-sided on a Mac. Am I missing something?

HP Recommended

@aksylvia

Can you post a picture of the print settings? 

Thanks! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Screen Shot 2020-01-27 at 1.55.44 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-01-27 at 1.55.31 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-01-27 at 1.55.13 PM.png

HP Recommended

@aksylvia

Click on the drop box layout and check if you have the option to select the paper type

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.