Level 2
1 0 0 15
Message 1 of 58
Flag Post
HP Recommended

UNABLE TO CLAIM HP REWARD FOR INK PURCHASE

HP Deskjet 1050 J410 Series
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I installed my HP ink cartridge and the link to click on and collect HP Rewards is not taking me to the site to claim my points for purchase. This is HP 61 Black cartridge. I have done this in the past and no issue, today it's not working.

Please advise how to fix and claim my rewards.

Thank you

Sue McCoy

57 REPLIES 57
Retired
Retired
8,121 8,112 484 927
Message 2 of 58
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Greetings @Purple_Diva,

I have escalated your concern to HP’s Support Team in your region to have it reviewed for available options, if any. 

You should be contacted within 4 business days (Excluding holidays & Weekends). 

Response times may vary by region. 

Please send a Private Message, if you aren’t contacted within 4-5 business days.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

jsarah
1 1 0 2
Message 3 of 58
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have put in a tri-colour cartridge and am unable to connect to claim rewards (what are the rewards?)

Tags (1)
grahamcoel
1 1 0 2
Message 4 of 58
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Purple_Diva wrote:

I installed my HP ink cartridge and the link to click on and collect HP Rewards is not taking me to the site to claim my points for purchase. This is HP 61 Black cartridge. I have done this in the past and no issue, today it's not working.

Please advise how to fix and claim my rewards.

Thank you

Sue McCoy

this is about the third ink jet installed and no rewards

Tags (1)
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
16,447 16,360 928 1,039
Message 5 of 58
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@grahamcoel

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Forums,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP.

They will contact you shortly and likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number.

Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact.

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (such as serial numbers and case details).

Regards,

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

JeffreyMo
2 1 0 0
Message 6 of 58
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you
0 Kudos
Psychospy
Level 1
1 1 0 3
Message 7 of 58
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have tried 3-4 times to get this to work when it pops up. This time it actually got through the loading phase and went to http://hprewards.austin.hp.com but it says the page can't be reached. What do I do now? Will the rewards screen come up again next time I print something? If not how do I claim my reward.

Tags (1)
Highlighted
Liron
Level 2
11 6 0 5
Message 8 of 58
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi, I have the same problem. I inserted a couple of new cartridges and a popup appeared on the computer telling me that i am entitled to HP Rewards.  However, it bought up a page at hprewards.austin.hp.com which said that the site can't be reached.

45RPM
Level 2
17 14 0 12
Message 9 of 58
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello HP (and anyone else).

I am having the same problem.

I keep getting popups regarding HP rewards.

Firstly, some customers might welcome the idea of a rewards. But why can’t they use a non-invasive process.  Can anyone tell me how to stop these horrible things?

Second. What is the benefit to me of this reward?  I have searched and there is no explanation.

Third. Even when I click on the link (with a view to terminating this incursion) I get a error message and told to view hprewards.austin.hp.com.

If it wasn’t for several forums like this I would have assumed a virus. 

HP: this is a dreadful way to treat your customers.

Tags (2)
PKHarmon
Level 1
3 3 0 4
Message 10 of 58
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I'm having the exact same issue. I just replaced my Cyan cartridge with another HP Cyan cartridge. When I tried to claim the rewards, first I was instructed to update my software, which I did. (But that update was funky too.) Then when I tried to claim my reward, I received a message saying that http://hprewards.austin.hp.com can't be reached. I tried refreshing and then did a Google search, as instructed. Refreshing did not help. The Google search led me here.

I've been using HP printers for decades now. I must say that this is the first time in a looooooooong time that I've had any software issues with my HP printer. HP has improved tremendously in that area. Their printer software used to be a real pain in the rear years ago. It's actually currently very good overall, in my opinion. Hopefully this little hiccup will be resolved soon.

Tags (1)
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation