08-14-2018 07:52 AM
My printer has stopped printing colour when documents are sent directly to it from the PC although it continues to print fine in black. Cartridges are all OK.
However it will print colour when printing out a test page from the diagnostic menu and will also print coloured documents which are sent to it via eprint.
The printer is connected wirelessly to my Mac.
I purchased it yesterday.
08-15-2018 12:42 PM
Thanks for engaging in the HP community A very good day to you. I will be glad to assist you and let’s get right to it. Great deductions and splendid presentation of the issue. It is amply appreciated.
Let me gather some information for better clarity to assist you correctly:
- Did you remove the printer and add it again?
- Did you update the printer’s firmware and check?
- Did you check the printer settings?
I will be providing a roadmap with some troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue. Let us try these steps:
- Please perform a hard reset on the printer from this link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/product/hp-officejet-4650-all-in-one-printer-series/5447930/document/c0... by following instructions from the section “Step 1: Reset the printer.
- Then update the printer’s firmware by following directions from this link: https://support.hp.com/bg-en/document/c02919168 Please use a USB cable to do it.
- Also, ensure that all the latest Mac OS updates are installed correctly, and the updates are the most current ones.
- Now remove the printer once and add it again as Apple AirPrint or secure AirPrint and nothing else.
Follow steps from this link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-officejet-2620-all-in-one-printer-series/5357283/model/53572... (HP Printers - Printer is Offline (Mac) perform these steps:
- Step 3: Remove multiple printers from the printer list
- Step 4: Delete the existing print queue and add the printer
- This should do the trick for you
Check this link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-officejet-2620-all-in-one-printer-series/5357283/model/53572... (HP Printers - Print Driver Settings Guide (Mac) It gives complete settings of your printer. Check the section “Color and black & white settings” this should help.
Good luck and keep me posted about the developments. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue and give the post a Kudos for my efforts to help. Thank you and have a great week ahead. 🙂
I am an HP Employee