Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Officejet 4532e
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Error msg:  Incompatable Cartridges. The indicated cartridges are not intended for use in this product.

I bought the Officejet in ther United States but now live in Spain.  The ink cartridges in US are labeled "61", 

but the same printer in Europe uses cartridges labeled "301".  I need to change the Regional setting  to European or 

replace the firmware to setup the printer for here in Spain. How do I do that?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thank you for clarifying.

You will need to contact HP Support to perform a pen regionalization for your printer, once completing the process the printer will only accept the european cartridges from now on.

First get a full set of geuine HP 301 Black and Tri-Color ink cartridges and ensure you have the printer connected to a Windows PC or a Mac

Next contact HP Support by filling the form below, then you will be provided with a case number and the contact details:

https://support.hp.com/es-es/contact-hp/product/HP-Officejet-4630-e-All-in-One-Printer-series/530504...

Note: if being declined due to lack of warranty for teh pritner follow teh steps on screen to dispute due to cartridges in warranty.

Once done you will be able to use 301 cartridges with your printer.

Regards,

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi,

May you refer to the HP Officejet 4632 printer? HP do not have any Officejet 4532 as listed in your post...

Please confirm your printer model, I will guide you further accordingly.

Shlomi

HP Recommended
Yes it is a officejet 4632e, my mistake
HP Recommended

Thank you for clarifying.

You will need to contact HP Support to perform a pen regionalization for your printer, once completing the process the printer will only accept the european cartridges from now on.

First get a full set of geuine HP 301 Black and Tri-Color ink cartridges and ensure you have the printer connected to a Windows PC or a Mac

Next contact HP Support by filling the form below, then you will be provided with a case number and the contact details:

https://support.hp.com/es-es/contact-hp/product/HP-Officejet-4630-e-All-in-One-Printer-series/530504...

Note: if being declined due to lack of warranty for teh pritner follow teh steps on screen to dispute due to cartridges in warranty.

Once done you will be able to use 301 cartridges with your printer.

Regards,

Shlomi

HP Recommended
Thank you, it is the solution I've been seeking. I never use color, so I'll order some and then apply your suggestion. I will post the results.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.