Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

I have a PDF on a apple machine and cannot get it to print on a  6960 - I followed your advice of disconnecting printer and installing again it worked for about a week- now back to not working.

The only way I can seem to get it going is to send a email link and open the document inbox Safari.

I can print okay from other programs this issue has only started in the last month and is very annoying 

Open to suggestions

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Johnno48, Welcome to HP Support Community!

I understand you have issues printing the PDF document. This could be an application-based issue or an issue with the installed drivers. Let us try to isolate the issue and fix it-

Is there any error message when you try to print a PDF?

Which application are you using to print the PDF?

Have you tried printing using the preview app?

Meanwhile, try printing the PDF as an image. Refer to the document  https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/quick-fix-print-pdf-image.html for help.(This is a third-party link. Please do not click on any ad, image, download, popup or link or anywhere else as this is a third-party link meant only for viewing information).

Update the printer firmware

Download available firmware updates from the HP website

With the printer on and connected to the computer, go to HP Customer Support - Software and Driver Downloads, and then identify your printer. Look for and install any available firmware updates. For more information, go to Updating or Upgrading Printer Firmware.

Keep me posted for further assistance.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for reply

i contact HP in the morning 50  minutes online told to contact internet provider.

Then I had a power outrage and everything went off - was ready to go and get a new printer as had enough.

went to apple online as could see printer on wfi part of screen and wfi was registered on modem only way I could print was to connect and while doing that internet went off, 

So went Back  to HP the second time got a expert and he was able to take control of my pc and fixed the issue in less than  5 minutes. The issue related to the modem 

The tech person was great to deal with had great knowledge  so bought new HO cartridges on line - 

After a few days of frustration so happy now 

john 

HP Recommended

@Johnno48

That's great! Happy to hear that.

Let me know if you need any further assistance.

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.