Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet 8620
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have the HP8620 connected to my desktop with a USB cable; I could not print wirelessly. However, with Bluetooth turned on with the printer and an iPad and a Microsoft Surface 3, I cannot print from the two tablets. Any thoughts?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@DONABELL wrote:

I have the HP8620 connected to my desktop with a USB cable; I could not print wirelessly. However, with Bluetooth turned on with the printer and an iPad and a Microsoft Surface 3, I cannot print from the two tablets. Any thoughts?

@DONABELL 

Firstly printer does NOT support Bluetooth.

1. It is an AirPrint printer therefore you can use AirPrint apps on your iPad to print,

2. For your Surface 3, please use Windows Store to install HP Smart app and use this to print.

The best option would be remove USB and connect your printer to you home network and share your printer to all devices at home.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.