Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Printer : HP 8600 Premium AIO

I have bought the printer yesterday and I have changed the printer setting to use Card Stock. Still it does not print.

Please help.

Thank you,

Best regards,

Soumitra

21 REPLIES 21
HP Recommended

Hello SoumitraNYC

If you could please share some more information about your problems. Do you receive any errors or does the printer just not feed the paper? Also include you operating system. This will provide more information so that the community can be of help.

If the print jobs are getting stuck in the Print Queue check out this article.

Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" to those that help solve your problems.

When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.
HP Recommended

Travis,

Thanks for getting back.

Operating System : Windows 7 Ultimate

I have filled the top tray with 10 sheets of Cardstock.

Changed the printer properties to indicate Cardstock.

The printer keeps giving the error message

"Out of Paper"

"Load paper and select Ok"

Please let me know if you have any more questions

Thank you,

Best regards,

Soumitra

HP Recommended

Hello again SoumitraNYC

Please check out the following troubleshooting article. It may help resolve you issue.

Out of Paper Error

Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" to those that help solve your problems.

HP Recommended

Travis,

I have tried the solutions below from the link

Solution one: Restart the All-in-One

- I have done this a couple of times. Regular paper prints fine.

Solution two: Check the condition of the paper, and then reload it

- Just purchased the paper with the printer. I have tried to loosen them, sometimes it helps.

Solution three: Clean the paper rollers

- Brand new printer, it has barely printed 25 sheets. Also regular paper prints like a breeze.

Solution four: Reset the All-in-One

- Tried this, regular paper prints. Cardstock is still not printing

Solution five: Adjust the paper settings in the print driver

- I have done this. It was mentioned in one of the posts that the rollers need to adjust to pick up thicker paper.

( I wish I could attach the images, but not able to get the popup to add the images)

Solution six: Service the All-in-One

- Trying to avoid this for now.

Thank you,

Best regards,

Soumitra

HP Recommended

Hello SoumitraNYC

I would like to verify are you using Tray 1 for the Card Stock? Also what is the weight and dimentions of the Card Stock? According to the product specs the max weight for Cards is up to 200g/m2 and should be loaded into Tray 1. Also is it colored Card Stock or white?

You can also check the specs out with the link below. Just find Paper Handling.

Officejet 8600 Product Specs

HP Recommended

Travis,

I am using 199 g/m2 from Staples. Standard White Color

The paper is being loaded in Tray 1. The printer does not allow CardStock in Tray 2

Thank you,

Best regards,

Soumitra

HP Recommended

I know the steps I will provide below may sound strange but try it anyway and see if it will resolve your issue.

1. Load 100 sheets of letter sized plain paper in the paper tray

2. Make sure that the scanner glass and the Automatic Document Feeder (ADF) is empty.

3. On the printer control panel touch Copy, change number of copies to 99. We are basically going to let the all in one printer do 99 blank copies.

4. After the copy process is done remove all remaining plain paper from the tray and load your cardstock and then try printing again.

Binary_Zen (worked at HP )

Click the white Kudos star to say thanks
Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem
HP Recommended

I just Did the 99 sheets and that did not help, says out of paper when i added the cardstock.

:-(((((

HP Recommended

I went to get a new ream of Card stock tried a couple of time to print kept saying no paper, then by accident it pulled the copy paper out from under the cardstock and printed on the plain copy paper. i put the cardstock in with a little curl in the paper and it grabbed the cardstock and printed. I took out the paper i had a put a little roll on the end and i have been able to print 6 sheets of paper in a row. Guess that was the answer just a little roll on the end.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.