Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet 3833
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello. I am having a problem printing in color. My printer is an HP Officejet 3833, OS is Windows 10 Pro Version 1909 . The error message I get says "color mode was changed from color because of a conflict with another printer setting". It shows the same error for borderless printing as well. Every time I change the color mode to color and hit OK, it changes it back to monochrome and gives the error message as seen above. Both the ink cartridges and fairly new and I have aligned the cartridges. With my Android Smarphone I no have problem.

Any help in resolving the issue is greatly appreciated, thanks in advance

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@raffa55 Welcome to HP Community!

I understand you are facing printing issues with the printer.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

How long are you facing this issue?

Any software or hardware changes before this happened?

Meanwhile, you can follow the steps given below:

This issue could occur if the black only option is not unchecked in the drivers.

Let's go through a few steps to resolve this issue.

1. In your software application, click Print.

2. Select your printer from the list of available printers.

3. Click the option that opens the Printer Properties dialog box.

Depending on your software application, this button might be called Properties, Options, Printer Setup, Printer Properties, Printer, or Preferences.

4. On the properties window, click the Paper/Quality or Features tab, depending on your software.

5. Click Advanced, click Print in Grayscale, and then de-select Print in Grayscale or High-Quality Grayscale.

6. Click OK to complete the change.

If the issue still persists, please reinstall the printer drivers and check.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

Hello,

There is no color option in printer preferences.  I uninstalled the driver. Then reinstalled it. No changes.

This has been an issue since 3 months ago. No software or hardware changes , maybe Windows update?

This issue persists in other PCs, too.

HP Recommended

@raffa55 

Thank you for the update.

Please follow the below steps and let us know the result.

Step 1: Run the HP Print and Scan Doctor

• Download and run HP Print and Scan Doctor to automatically diagnose and resolve printer issues.
  • After the Print and Scan Doctor opens, click Fix Printing to test your printer, and then follow any instructions to resolve the issue.
  • Try to print.

Step 2: Update windows

• Select the Start button, and then go to Settings  > Update & Security  > Windows Update, and select Check for updates.
  • Once updates are installed if available, restart your computer.

Step 3: Try to print.

Step 4: Root uninstallation of pre-installed drivers (If the above steps did not help, let us try to reinstall the updated HP drivers again by following these steps)

uninstall the drivers from the root level and then reinstall them back by following the below steps:

• In Windows, search for and open Programs and Features.
  • Select your HP printer.
  • Select Uninstall.
  • In Windows, search for and open Devices and Printers.
  • In the Devices and Printers window look for your HP Printer. If you see it listed, right-click on it and choose "Delete" or "Remove Device.”
  • Open up the run command with the "Windows Key + R" key combo.
  • Type printui.exe /s and click OK.
  • Click on the Drivers tab.
  • Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it click on it and click Remove at the bottom.
  • Select OK.
  • Select Apply and OK on the Print Server Properties windows.
  • Close Devices and Printers.
  • You may download and install the HP Full-featured drivers from this link.
  • Try to print.

Let me know how this goes.

Have a nice day!!

HP Recommended

Thanks for reply,

I installed HP Print and Scan Doctor and click on Fix Printing, but the issue persists.

I unistalled and re-installed drivers following yours guide, but the issue persists.

HP Recommended

@raffa55

Thank you for the update.

Please use a USB cable and connect the printer to the PC and try printing color. if this works, add the printer using a TCP/IP port.

If the issue still persists, try adding a TCP/ IP port - 

1) Obtain the IP address of the printer by clicking on the wireless icon at the bottom of the printer screen

2) Right-click your printer, select Printer Properties, click the Ports tab and then click Add Port.
3) Select Standard TCP/IP Port, and then click New Port.
4) Follow the instructions to add a new port.
5) Try printing.

Have a nice day!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.