Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Laser Jet Pro p1109w

I'm setting up my new printer (model p1109w) on my MacBook Air. I have the IP address, but I'm unable to enable wireless direct. 

Any help is appreciated.

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi @SMOfly,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! I see that you are experiencing issues enabling the Wireless Direct. I would like to help you resolve this issue. If this helps you to reach a solution, please click the "Accept as Solution" button down below in this message. If you wish to say thanks for my effort to help, click the " Thumbs Up " to give me a Kudos. Smiley Happy

What operating system are you using? Mac OS X: How Do I Find Which Mac OS X Version Is on My Computer?

With the current IP address, were you able to add the printer on the Mac and print?

If you have a valid IPv4 address for the printer then try and access the Embedded Web Server for the printer.
Type the IPv4 address into your web browser's address bar. (Safari) You should have option to enable the Wireless Direct. Did it load the web page?

Please clarify if the printer is working and what steps you have done, to enable the Wireless Direct.

If there is anything else I can help you with, just let me know. Thank you.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended
Thank you
HP Recommended
Gracias
HP Recommended

proszę o pomoc w celu zainstalowania drukarki pod laptop ponieważ zmieniłam internet i nie mogę skanować z laptopa ani zainstalować nowego internetu

HP Recommended

oi

HP Recommended

I receive message that says if Mac filtering is enabled and you would like to keep it enabled,you must add thr MAC address of your printer to the list of permitted devices for your wireless router before continuing.

HP Recommended

hola espero este bien, estoy tratando de conectar my impresora pero no me la conecta a la red podrias ayudarme forvafor gracias

HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue by clicking here.
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire: 
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about posting in the community, please feel free to send me a private message!

Thank you

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.