12-03-2019 10:25 PM - last edited on 12-04-2019 08:03 AM by kevin-t
Hello HP:I cannot maintain my HP OfficeJet Pro 6968.
When I try to align print heads, I get a window with this message: "The alignment page failed to print."
When I try to clean printheads, I get a window with this message: "The cleaning process failed." When I try to clean the printer, I get a window with this message: "Clean not started." When I try to print the quality diagnostics page, I get a window with this message: "The print quality diagnostic information failed to print."
I have downloaded new drivers. Please help!!!
[Personal Information Removed]
12-06-2019 08:15 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you with the printer issue.
Download and install HP Print and Scan Doctor, it is a Windows tool to fix printer issues.
If the issue still persists, try re-installing the printer driver -
1. In the search box, type and open "Uninstall a Program".
2. Look for HP Printer software.
3. Right-click to uninstall.
4. In the search box, type and open “Devices and printers”.
5. In the Devices and Printers, look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose “Delete” or “Remove Device”.
6. Open the run command with the "Windows key + R" key combo.
7. Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between “printui.exe” and “/s”).
8. Click on the "Drivers" tab.
9. Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click “Remove” at the bottom.
10. Select Ok.
11. Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows.
12. Close Devices and Printers Once the software and drivers are removed.
13. Restart the computer.
14. Download and install the software and drivers from here for Windows 10 (64-bit).
15. Click on the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions.
Also, try updating the printer's firmware - HP Printers - Updating or Upgrading Printer Firmware
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee