Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Unable to print black - Deskjet 2620 all-in-one

DeskJet 2620 All-in-one Series
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I've tried to search the forums but come across anything that completely reflects my problem, so perhaps this is novel.

My printer is not printing black - tbf; I've not used it for ages as I struggled to actually get it paired and working on my home network. As we are in 'lockdown' I'm using the opportunity to get a few jobs done 🙃. So, it's now paired and works perfectly well for scanning across the network on multiple devices (another backlog project ✔️) but when comes to printing, everything appears to print except black - shades of black seem to print - but no absolute black.

I've installed all the software, I'm trying to update the firmware, but when I run the installer it doesn't appear to  display my HP printer but a HP91CDFE - actually this is something I have noticed when using the virtual assistant, that HP DeskJet 2620 comes up when you type it but after selection, it tells you the printer is invalid... anyway, getting back to the point the printer is not selectable in the firmware update, nor is the option that appears as it says the printer is up-to-date, and I'm unable proceed - see image below.

Has anyone got a solution for this?2020-04-10-firmwareIssue.png

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
2,013 2,003 97 119
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Unable to print black - Deskjet 2620 all-in-one

Hi @RedCoderUK

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you with the  "Missing black" issue. 

I am unable to view the shared image.

To better assist you - 

1) Are you able to make black copies using the printer?

2) What's the application you are trying to print from? Have you tried printing from a different application or devices? 

While you respond to that, let's print a Print Quality Diagnostic page -

1. Load plain paper into the input tray.

2. Search Windows for your printer model name, and then click the printer name in the list of results.

HP Printer Assistant opens.

3. Click Print & Scan, and then click Maintain Your Printer.

The printer toolbox opens.

4. On the Device Services tab, click Print Quality Diagnostics Page

Post the Print Quality Diagnostic page here so we can help you further. 

You may also refer to this document with steps to fix " Color or Black Ink Not Printing" issue applicable for your printer - Color or Black Ink Not Printing

Also, try single-cartridge mode 

The printer you own can work in single-cartridge mode, wherein the printer will be able to print with one cartridge in the printer.which will help us identify if its a cartridge issue or a printhead issue 

To try single-cartridge mode follow the below steps:

remove the black ink from the printer, leave the color in and try printing 
then remove the color ink and, insert the black  in and try printing 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation