01-04-2020 12:52 PM
Help! I honestly don't know what I'm doing! New laptop for Christmas for my children, older printer. All connected but wont print black text, prints everything else fine. HELP!
01-07-2020 11:08 AM
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.
Let's run the print and scan doctor utility from this link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/topic/printscandoctor and it should fix the issue for you.
If print and scan doctor does not fix the issue, then please uninstall the printer software completely following these steps:
- Go to Control panel – Programs and feature – Select all the HP DeskJet printer entries and uninstall them.
- Now go to Control panel – Devices and printer – Select all the printer entries and remove the device.
- Then press the "windows key" + "r" to get the "Run" window open - Type "printui.exe /s" and press enter.
- Under print server properties, go to drivers - remove any entry there as well.
- Again, go to run window, type – “c:/programdata” – Go to Hewlett Packard folder, remove any printer related folders & files.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
I am an HP Employee