Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 5055

Hi,

I am not able to print in color.  I have tried aligning the printer, cleaning the printer and ran a Print Quality Diagnostic and it did not print in color.  The printer is less than a year old.  What could be wrong?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@MrsBray Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that you are unable to print in color.

Do not worry. I will try to fix the issue.

To be able to provide you with an accurate solution, I would need the following details:

1) Does the copier work fine?

2) Is the printer connected to a Mac PC or a Windows PC?

2) How is the printer connected to your PC (USB or Wireless)?

Since you have already printed a quality diagnostic page, try cleaning the ink cartridges.

Cleaning the ink cartridges can improve print quality. Clean the ink cartridges from the printer control panel, then evaluate the results.

1. Load the printer with plain white paper.

2. On the printer control panel, swipe left on the display, and then touch Setup 

3. Touch Tools, and then touch Clean Cartridges.

4. Examine the print quality on the Print Quality Diagnostic report.

Try printing, see if it helps.

Let me know how that pans out,
If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,
That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,
Just in case you don't get back to us within 24 - 48hrs, and have a good day, ahead.

HP Recommended

Hi Praveen196,

Thank you for your response.

Below are the answers to your questions:

1) The copier will work if I set it to black ink, but will not if printing in color.  

2) It is connected to a Windows PC.

3) I have a wireless connection to my PC and other devices (unable to print in color from any device).

Unfortunately, I cleaned the cartridges and printed a quality diagnostic and that did not fix the issue either.

HP Recommended

@MrsBray

Thank you for the update.

The issue seems to be a hardware part. I would suggest you contact our phone support. They will help you.

Here is how you can get in touch with phone support.

1)Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Have a nice day!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.