06-26-2019 05:05 PM
I have had this printer for 4 years and it has worked great until recently. It prints but only in black and white. I have tried and tried to fix this with no success. I uninstalled, cleared temp files, use the HP Doctor and nothing works. I am so frustrated as I have spent 5 hours trying to find a solution. Can anyone help me? Thanks in advance
Solved! Go to Solution.
06-28-2019 05:15 PM
@starshine1ca Welcome to HP Forums Community!
Is the copier working fine as a stand-alone device?
If not, this could be a hardware issue and you may want to try these steps: Click here
If yes, try the below steps:
Step 1: Reinstall the print driver (Windows only)
If you cannot print color from a Windows computer, uninstall and reinstall the printer software. Skip this step if your printer is able to print in color.
Remove the printer from the devices list.
For steps on removing the printer from the devices list, go to Uninstalling the Printer Software (Windows).
Go to HP Customer Support - Software and Driver Downloads, and then install the latest software for your printer.
Try to print, If the issue persists, try the below steps:
- Press "Windows key" + "r" to get the "Run" window.
- Type "services.msc" to get Services - Go to "Print spooler" - Right-click and "Stop" the service.
- Now again open "Run" - Type "spool" and ok - Go to PRINTERS folder - delete everything in that folder.
- Go to services again - Start the print spooler.
- Now check for issue resolution.
- If the issue persists, unplug the USB cable from the printer (if present).
- Go to Control panel - Programs and feature - Select all the HP printer entries and uninstall them.
- Now go to Control panel - Devices and printer - Select all the printer entries and remove the device.
- Press the "windows key" + "r" to get the "Run" window open - Type "printui.exe /s" (There is a space between .exe & /) and press enter.
- Under print server properties, go to drivers - remove any entry there as well.
- Again, go to the Run window, type - "c:/programdata" - Go to the Hewlett Packard folder, remove any printer related folders & files.
- Restart your computer.
Then, use this link to access the HP website, find the drivers compatible with your windows and install it: Click here
Keep us posted,
If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you,
Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post,
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee
07-02-2019 01:26 PM
Thank you so much for all the information and i will try that now. As far as the scanner, yes it does work but it won't accept the scanned sheet for aligning for some reason...keeps coming up to try again but I don't think that issue is urgent. Wish me luck! lol And so sorry for being so late but with the long weekend and all, I forgot to check back. My apologies and many thanks for your help.
07-02-2019 01:57 PM
I read your private message regarding this issue.
This seems to be a hardware issue.
I request you to talk to HP support.
They might have multiple options to help you with this.
- Click on this link - https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp?openCLC=true
- Select the country.
- Enter the serial of your device.
- Select the country from the drop-down.
- Click on "Show Options".
- Fill the web-form. A case number and phone number will now populate for you.
I am an HP Employee
07-02-2019 04:47 PM
I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).
If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.
I am an HP Employee
07-05-2019 06:31 PM
Well I bought a newer printer and so happy I did. HP has come a long way! My printer now has an email address and I can send print jobs to it! That is just amazing! I am so happy with it. I got an amazing deal on a Hp DeskJet 2655 and absolutely love it! Question, though. Do I have to register my new printer or does the software do that for me. Thanks again, Starshine1ca