01-31-2020 11:13 AM
I am no longer able to print in colour. Everything is black and white. Yes I have enough colour in the cartridges. It prints in colour on the test page but not from anything else. When I right click on my printer and go to printing preferences and the paper quality tab, there is no option about colour. Having googled this it seems I am far from alone with this problem. I have uninstalled the printer and reinstalled. I have uninstalled the drivers and reinstalled. Nothing makes a difference. Please could someone help me.
Solved! Go to Solution.
02-03-2020 10:59 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community!
I reviewed your post and I understand that the printer is not printing color.
Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.
From which application/software you are printing?
Meanwhile, I recommend you add the printer using the printer IP address and check if it helps.
Here is how it is done.
1. Select “Start” and type “printers” in the search box.
2. Choose “Printers & scanners“.
3. Select “Add a printer or scanner“.
4. Wait for the “The printer that I want isn’t listed” option to appear, then select it.
5. Select “Add a printer using a TCP/IP address or hostname” , then select “Next“.
6. Select “TCP/IP Device” in the “Device type” list.
7. Type the hostname or the IP address of the printer. Select “Next“. To find the IP address of the printer, touch the Wi-Fi icon on the printer's control panel.
8. Windows should find the printer if the printer is on and configured correctly. You may have to specify more information. If prompted, Select the type of network adapter installed in the printer in the “Device Type” drop-down list. You can also click “Custom” to specify custom settings for the network printer. Select “Next“
Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!
If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!
I am an HP Employee
02-03-2020 12:49 PM
Thank you for your reply. I was phoned by HP support yesterday and was talked through the steps you mentioned in your email which worked, so at long last I am now able to print in colour.
Many thanks for your support.