Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Deskjet 2540 Printer

I've been trying to print documents from the internet, on many programs, such as Chrome, Microsoft Edge, and Internet Explorer as well, and they cannot seem to find the printer. When I try printing from my computer, with saved pdf files, everything prints withour any problems. When printing on Chrome, my default browser, I'm given the message "The selected printer is not available or not installed correctly. Check your printer or choose another printer". My computer is completely up to date (as far as I have tested), and I've tried reinstalling the 3D Driveguard, as others have recommended. Other computers will print with the printer, but this one, an HP Pavilion Notebook 15-ab223cl, is the only one having problems.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I went to update the driver, and it wouldn't let me. From there, I went to https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printer-Software-and-Drivers/Driver-not-compatible-with-a-policy-enabl..., which fixed my issue, and now it will let me print. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Greetings @AnnaShella

Thanks for the post. 

I understand that you are unable to print from web browsers, is that right?

Kudos to you for trying to troubleshoot the issue on your own.

Not to worry, I will be glad to assist you. 

The issue you are facing seems to be a software or a driver issue. 

Request you follow the exact procedure mentioned below to remove the printer software and settings and install it back. 

• Uninstall the printer from "programs and features" which can be accessed by doing a right-click on the Windows button (Please have the printer Off and disconnected during uninstallation.)
  • Check in device manager, if the printer is listed there, please delete it. (Right click on the Windows button to access device manager)
  • Go to devices and printers, select any printer listed there and you will get some options on the top. 
  • Click on print server properties. 
  • You will get a popup, click on the drivers tab and delete all the HP printer drivers listed there, if any.
  • Delete all the instances of your printer listed in devices and printers.
  • Restart the PC.
  • Once the PC is on the desktop, press Win + R, it would bring a Run dialog box, 
  • Type %temp% in the run box and click Ok or hit the Enter button.
  • It would bring up the temporary files folder. Delete the files in the folder (You might not be able to delete all the files).
  • If possible, delete the printer from the registries using Regedit or using any other 3rd party application.
  • Restart the PC again. 
  • Download the latest full feature driver from www.hp.com/drivers and install it on the computer.
  • Connect the printer to your computer only when the setup prompts for the printer. 

Let me know if this helped. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
I've downloaded the new drivers, but my printer still won't connect. Whenever the driver attempts to connect to the printer, everything starts off fine- it starts downloading the printer files, but then says that the USB connection failed when the printer finished downloading.
HP Recommended

I went to update the driver, and it wouldn't let me. From there, I went to https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printer-Software-and-Drivers/Driver-not-compatible-with-a-policy-enabl..., which fixed my issue, and now it will let me print. 

HP Recommended

Hi @AnnaShella,

I read your post. I am glad that the issue has been resolved. I am replying on behalf of @Chimney_83 as he is out of office for the day,

Please reach out of any issue regarding your HP products and we are always there to assist you.Take care and have a blessed week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.