MikeDavies
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Unable to remove cartridges from dead HP Officejet 8710

HP Officejet Pro 8710

The power supply has died on my HP printer. I have purchased a replacement but I am unable to remove the cartridges from the the dead printer due to the the carriage being set in a position which doesn't allow me to remove them. The printer requires power so the carriage moves to a position where i a can remove the cartridges. Is there a manual release for the carriage.

2 REPLIES 2
Level 11
Level 11
2,998 2,993 345 444
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Open the cartridge access door. Inside you will see metal rod with small rollers, on the left side of the rod is a white gear. Use small flat screwdriver and press that gear from top to bottom to rotate, do it several times make the complete rod rotate one-two full revolutions that will unlock cartridges from the right side.

I can't find any photo online for a better description, if you are unsure what gear needs to be rotated take a photo of the left side of the interior of your printer post here and I will mark it.

View my profile on LinkedIn
0 Kudos
MikeDavies
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Many thanks, this is now resolved.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation