Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Officejet Pro 8740
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Printer shows a unexpected Configuration problem 0x80010105. I have reset the printer and my computer.  Also uninstalled printer and all software. Then reinstalled,  still have the same problem. If on a browser the browser closes immediately when trying to print.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

For your information, installing any available update should resolve a such, MS has just released a new update to resolve this issue yesterday:

Spoiler

Applications and printer drivers that leverage the Windows Javascript engine (jscript.dll) for processing print jobs might experience one or more of the following symptoms:

• Applications interacting with the V4 printer driver might close or error when printing. Issues might only be encountered when printing but might also be encountered at any time the app is running, depending on when the app interacts with the print driver.
  • The printer spooler service (spoolsv.exe) might close or error in jscript.dll with exception code 0xc0000005 causing the print jobs to stop processing. Only part of the print job might print and the rest might be canceled or error.

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂

View solution in original post

32 REPLIES 32
HP Recommended

i to have this problem so what is the fix?

HP Recommended

I have exactly the same issue.  It just started today for no apparent reason.  I've taken all the same steps and nothing has worked!  ARGH. 

HP Recommended

Why has this thread not been answered?

I have an HP OfficeJet Pro 9020 Series and I am getting the same message, when I get a message at all. Most of the time it just doesn't print. period. 

What's infuriating is that Test pages run fine, it says the network is connected fine, I can print if I send it through the email address, but not from the actual file. This started yesterday for me. I have uninstalled & reinstalled the printer, drivers, run the Windows Updates, and nothing works. I even tried plugging in another portable HP printer that I use when on the road, and still nothing prints to it.

I have a home business and this is driving me crazy. I have a friggin list of things to print...PLEASE HELP US!

HP Recommended

I am having the same problem.  It started late last night out of nowhere.  

HP Recommended

This problem just started today on our HP Officejet Pro 6978. I saw on one of the forums the suggestion was a hardware problem but the time would suggest a software problem with the HP App. Was there an update pushed out?

Test page prints fine. Other print jobs do not work for the most part. Reinstalled drivers and app, changed cable, even tried wireless printing. Nada.

HP Recommended

All of this did NOT work:

Uninstalling software/Running CCleaner registry cleaner/reinstalled

Updating Firmware

Unplugging printer while on, removing ink, waiting 60 seconds, plugging back in

Updating Windows to version 1903

Problem started 10/4/19

Able to print test page but Word 2016 crashes, Edge (printing PDF) crashes, Adobe Crashes, other printers work (non-HP).

Printer is a wired network printer

HP Recommended

Since this problem started the afternoon of 10/4/19, I have spend HOURS working to fix it.  I work from home and this is a big issue for me.  I've tried many of the same things as others including uninstalling every trace of HP from my computer (printers, drivers, apps, etc.), rebooting, reinstalling the drivers from the HP website, updating the printer, updating Windows 10,  etc. but to no avail.  I too can print a test page, but CANNOT PRINT ANYTHING ON EITHER THE HP 8740 which I use for work OR THE HP  5660  that we use primarily as a photo printer.  I can however print wirelessly without any issue to an old Epson printer that I dug out of the closet.  Whatever this bug is, it's also crashing other programs (Chrome, IE, etc.)  

What's odd is it appears that every other device in the house including Android and iPhones, older computers, etc. can still print to the HP 8740, so I'm thinking it may be an issue between HP and Windows 10?   

I'm hoping that someone can provide a solution to this problem soon!!!

HP Recommended

SUCCESS!!!!

This fixed the issue for me.

This is only a Windows 10 issue and was caused by one of two updates.

In the search box (next to "start button") type "view update history" (without the quotes).

Choose "view your update history" settings windows will come up.

Click on "Uninstall updates".

Scroll to the bottom and find Microsoft Windows updates.

Uninstall KB4515871 (do NOT restart yet).

Uninstall KB4524147 Restart computer

All Fixed!  Microsoft is aware of the issue and is going to push out an update to fix the issue with the updates.

HP Recommended

I don't seem to have in history that the first one you list was installed, but I do see KB4524147.  OK just to uninstall that one?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.