3 2 0 1
Message 1 of 30
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Unexpected Configuration Problem 0x80010105

Officejet Pro 8740
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Printer shows a unexpected Configuration problem 0x80010105. I have reset the printer and my computer.  Also uninstalled printer and all software. Then reinstalled,  still have the same problem. If on a browser the browser closes immediately when trying to print.

29 REPLIES 29
knownnot Top Student
Top Student
1 1 0 2
Message 2 of 30
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

i to have this problem so what is the fix?

Pam192 Top Student
Top Student
3 3 0 2
Message 3 of 30
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

I have exactly the same issue.  It just started today for no apparent reason.  I've taken all the same steps and nothing has worked!  ARGH. 

deidrewolf Top Student
Top Student
5 4 0 1
Message 4 of 30
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Why has this thread not been answered?

I have an HP OfficeJet Pro 9020 Series and I am getting the same message, when I get a message at all. Most of the time it just doesn't print. period. 

What's infuriating is that Test pages run fine, it says the network is connected fine, I can print if I send it through the email address, but not from the actual file. This started yesterday for me. I have uninstalled & reinstalled the printer, drivers, run the Windows Updates, and nothing works. I even tried plugging in another portable HP printer that I use when on the road, and still nothing prints to it.

I have a home business and this is driving me crazy. I have a friggin list of things to print...PLEASE HELP US!

KatoM Honor Student
Honor Student
1 1 0 1
Message 5 of 30
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

I am having the same problem.  It started late last night out of nowhere.  

Blahlemon Honor Student
Honor Student
1 1 0 1
Message 6 of 30
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

This problem just started today on our HP Officejet Pro 6978. I saw on one of the forums the suggestion was a hardware problem but the time would suggest a software problem with the HP App. Was there an update pushed out?

Test page prints fine. Other print jobs do not work for the most part. Reinstalled drivers and app, changed cable, even tried wireless printing. Nada.

Erikviii Tutor
Tutor
8 8 0 9
Message 7 of 30
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

All of this did NOT work:

Uninstalling software/Running CCleaner registry cleaner/reinstalled

Updating Firmware

Unplugging printer while on, removing ink, waiting 60 seconds, plugging back in

Updating Windows to version 1903

Problem started 10/4/19

Able to print test page but Word 2016 crashes, Edge (printing PDF) crashes, Adobe Crashes, other printers work (non-HP).

Printer is a wired network printer

Highlighted
Pam192 Top Student
Top Student
3 3 0 2
Message 8 of 30
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Since this problem started the afternoon of 10/4/19, I have spend HOURS working to fix it.  I work from home and this is a big issue for me.  I've tried many of the same things as others including uninstalling every trace of HP from my computer (printers, drivers, apps, etc.), rebooting, reinstalling the drivers from the HP website, updating the printer, updating Windows 10,  etc. but to no avail.  I too can print a test page, but CANNOT PRINT ANYTHING ON EITHER THE HP 8740 which I use for work OR THE HP  5660  that we use primarily as a photo printer.  I can however print wirelessly without any issue to an old Epson printer that I dug out of the closet.  Whatever this bug is, it's also crashing other programs (Chrome, IE, etc.)  

What's odd is it appears that every other device in the house including Android and iPhones, older computers, etc. can still print to the HP 8740, so I'm thinking it may be an issue between HP and Windows 10?   

I'm hoping that someone can provide a solution to this problem soon!!!

Erikviii Tutor
Tutor
8 8 0 9
Message 9 of 30
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

SUCCESS!!!!

This fixed the issue for me.

This is only a Windows 10 issue and was caused by one of two updates.

In the search box (next to "start button") type "view update history" (without the quotes).

Choose "view your update history" settings windows will come up.

Click on "Uninstall updates".

Scroll to the bottom and find Microsoft Windows updates.

Uninstall KB4515871 (do NOT restart yet).

Uninstall KB4524147 Restart computer

All Fixed!  Microsoft is aware of the issue and is going to push out an update to fix the issue with the updates.

bkrauter Honor Student
Honor Student
4 4 0 0
Message 10 of 30
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

I don't seem to have in history that the first one you list was installed, but I do see KB4524147.  OK just to uninstall that one?

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation