Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

KB4515871 is not on the list.  I did uninstall KB4524147 and restart computer, but that didn't solve the problem.

HP Recommended

Yes, uninstall that one and you should be good.

HP Recommended

I'm seeing the same thing - KB4524147 is listed as a 10/3/19 update (so the timing fits), but KB4515871 is not on the list from the last few months.  Sounds like just uninstalling 4147 doesn't solve the issue. 😞

I also saw that Microsoft currently doesn't note that there are any issues with KB4524147 on their website.  

HP Recommended

Hold the phone!  It does work to simply uninstall KB4524147!  For some reason it didn't "take" the first time around, so I tried uninstalling it again.  It did solve the printing problem on my Laserjet Pro MRP M281fdw.  I see that MS doesn't seem to think there are issues, but uninstalling it certainly did get me back in business.  Thanks all!  

HP Recommended

I'm back in business, thank you!

HP Recommended

I can't find who posted to uninstall KB4515871 & KB4524147, but my updates don't show either one of those. Mine from 10/3 and 10/5 show KB4515843 & KB4512577. I will try uninstalling both of them and see if that works. Here's hoping!

HP Recommended

I had the first update, but not the second one. I uninstalled the one I had, however it is still not working. 

HP Recommended

Sorry you are still having issues.

Make sure you restart after uninstalling the update.

If you have restarted and it still isn't working then I would uninstall all the updates that occurred on 10/4/19 (do not restart after each one) restart after that is complete.

Microsoft will be pushing new updates that fix this issue as soon as they create them so I wouldn't worry about not having those updates because you will get them again later.

HP Recommended

That worked. I Uninstalled the 10/3 and 10/5 Updates and restarted my computer and I can print again! Hooray!!!!!

HP Recommended

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! NOW I CAN SUBMIT MY MIDTERM PAPER and don't need to embarrass myself to the professor by saying 'my printer broke down last night'

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.