Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

Hi,

For your information, installing any available update should resolve a such, MS has just released a new update to resolve this issue yesterday:

Spoiler

Applications and printer drivers that leverage the Windows Javascript engine (jscript.dll) for processing print jobs might experience one or more of the following symptoms:

• Applications interacting with the V4 printer driver might close or error when printing. Issues might only be encountered when printing but might also be encountered at any time the app is running, depending on when the app interacts with the print driver.
  • The printer spooler service (spoolsv.exe) might close or error in jscript.dll with exception code 0xc0000005 causing the print jobs to stop processing. Only part of the print job might print and the rest might be canceled or error.

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

I have an HP Officejet Pro 6968 and get error code 0x80010105 when I try to print

HP Recommended

Thanks for discovering and posting this solution. I had the same problem with the HP 7855. Printed ok from the main feed but would not print photos from the photo drawer. Went to the windows update history and uninstalled all the latest  (October) updates and it fixed the problem.

HP Recommended

The Microsoft update worked. Thank you! 

HP Recommended

Thanks SchlomiL. I didn't need to uninstall anything, I just updated the MS items, rebooted, and it instantly resolved my issue.

HP Recommended

Thanks for confirming @tamsta and @Succatash, glead to see that the new update from yesterday indeed resolves this issue.

Cheers,

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

My HP Officejet Pro 8710 did the same thing. I had a mobile app printer installed without knowing and that was the problem. I went into HP Print and Scan Doctor and made the default printer the original one without the fancy stuff in the front of the name and I have had no trouble since.

Check your default printer and you may need to change it.

HP Recommended

The printer works well with mobile devices but seems unconnected with the pc even though I followed the procedures. The error shown is 0x80010105.

Thanks

HP Recommended

If you update Windows 10 it should fix your issue.

HP Recommended

Thank you! I didn't even notice the update notice and have been fighting with this since the previous update! Thank you! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.