1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Uninstalling Printer Software

HP OfficeJet4652
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The software for the HP OfficeJet 4652 isn't functioning properly on my new laptop.  It won't scan and photos only print on half the page.  I would like to uninstall and reinstall the software, but get this message from Windows10 when I try:

A caller of DriverPackage Install must be a member of the Administrators group in install a drive package.

This is a local, standalone PC and I am the only one with administrator rights.   I need help with uninstalling the software.

1 REPLY 1
Level 16
Level 16
26,375 26,099 4,656 10,245
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Uninstalling Printer Software

Hi,

Type CMD into the search bar, then right-click on Comand Prompt and select Run as Administrator.

Copy the following command, be sure to select all the listed taste, right-click on the Command Prompt window and select Paste, then press Enter and allow the process to complete:

Spoiler
takeown /f %windir%\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository /r /d y
icacls "%windir%\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository" /grant %username%:(OI)(CI)F /T
for /d %G in ("%windir%\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\hp*") do rd /s /q "%~G"
takeown /f %windir%\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository /A /r /d y

Now unisntall the HP Software and check for any difference.

Shlomi

2019_MeetupAward_Signature_FINAL(1).png
Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up in the post.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation