Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

Hello @AcaCandy – Hope you are well!

Welcome to the HP Forum! This is a wonderful location to converse with the community, get assistance and find tips.

I see that you are looking for a touchscreen replacement for your Officejet 7500 printer. I am afraid that the touchscreen of this printer is not a replaceable part. It would be better if you contact HP Phone support to create a printer service. You may be also eligible for a printer upgrade on your current model if the printer is out of warranty. You can visit http://www.support.hp.com/contact-hp and fill in your product details to get the tech support number.

Alternatively, please check http://hp.care/2eMuaUG if you would like to troubleshoot the touchscreen issue.

Visit us again if you have any concerns! Thank you!

Cheers 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

I was told by HP that there is no fix. You can still print using your computer but once the touchscreen goes it goes. I still have mine because I print large-format pictures but it can no longer send faxes etc.

HP Recommended

Hello @jkornblum,

Yes, you are absolutely right about that. You can use the printer for printing and scanning functionalities if you have the drivers installed on your computer.

Have a nice day. Thank you!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Thank you for your humorous reply Dvortex.

I especially like the solution proposed in step 6 :HalfEyes: Seriously? And how might one do that when the touchscreen is the problem to begin with?

HP used to make great products. I still have an G55 (2) and a G85, a laserjet 1200 and laserjet 1300.

This one was a horrible expensive decision.

HP Recommended

Hello @AcaCandy,

That document is for all the general issues with the touchpad including slow or erratic response. Hence the step to check the updates. I do understand that is not applicable in your situation. 

Please try contacting HP phone support for printer service.

Thank you!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended
If you press on the screen the button you want and then with the same hand touch another part of the screen it will work. THANK YOU, BOOM!
HP Recommended

Can I buy a new touch screen for my HP 3510 e-all in one printer?

HP Recommended

I have an HP Officejet 7500A in which the touch screen simply became unresponsive on the left side. The features on the right side of the touch screen work. I tried all the reset options. They did not work. The problem is that half the screen does not work. And another problem it says Load Paper in the printer knowing that there are papers in the paper tray what should I do?

HP Recommended

Unfortunately, and an answer that you are not going to like (those of us with the same issues, feel the same way) --- get a new printer. And not an HP. 

I had the same issue before the warranty expired. I also have a paper jam message even though there is no paper, no small piece of paper, nothing inside. I can no longer print. The only thing I can do anymore is scan to pdf and print from another printer.

On the other hand, I  have an ancient HP (actually two different models) G55 and G85 that work like champs, as well as Laserjet 1200 and 1300 models, same thing, can't kill them. HP quality has gone out the window unfortunately.

HP Recommended

Hi,

I've been using my LCD-defective 7500A from software for a while now but recently hit a roadblock.

The touchpad is unresponsive on the right half . The screen itself is working though.

I recently removed the printhead for inspection and cleaning. When I put it back, a message appeared on the screen: "Used cartridges might not complete printhead start-up. Click OK to continue". Guess where the OK button is located... Yes, right half of screen.

As the printer refuse any input from the PC unless OK is clicked, I can't print or scan anything.

Any workaround please?

Notes:

- Please don't give me the hard-reset and firmware update cr*p.

- Obviously a new control panel is ridiculously priced and I am not paying.

- I found a  reasonably priced secondhand control panel at 60 mnts drive  and will go buy it soon. So, I am OK to apply a do-it-everytime solution in the meantime.

Many thanks.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.