Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Inkjet 9015 all in one printer

Hi,

I recently replaced our HP 8600 Inkjet with HP 9015 Inkjet and have couple of questions:

1) I purchased new ink cartridges, 950 & 951,  for the 8600 in October 2019 and only replaced one of the color cartridges that was depleted. Earlier this month, the printer stopped working due to printerhead related issue. As a result of this, I ended up with an unopened box of 950 and two unused cartridges of 951. I believe it is possible to exchange these with the ones that are compatible with my new printer. Please let me know how.

2) After I completed setting up my 9015, I wanted to make some changes to the settings, but could not because they were locked. I tried the reset procedure to unlock them. However, they are still locked. Can you let me know if there is a way to unlock the settings, specifically the printer update?

Please let me know if you have questions or need additional information. Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Just a follow up to my questions from earlier this week. 

HP Recommended

Hi @Aspento

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you.

About the unused ink cartridges, kindly contact the HP Support team for further assistance.

1) Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2) Select your product type below.

3) Enter the serial of your device.

4) Select the country from the drop-down.

5) Select the appropriate option based on your preference.

6) Fill the web-form and proceed further.

Kindly share the exact error you get while trying to make changes to the printer settings for better assistance. Does it say 'contact administrator'?

If so, resetting the printer to its factory settings may help.

• The reset instructions are specific for your printer and performing those steps on a different printer may corrupt the device.
  • I've sent you a private message with reset instructions, follow the reset instruction to perform a full reset and re-initialize the printer.
  • In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Kumar0307,

Thanks for the suggestions. I attempted to contact HP support team, but could not proceed because I no longer have the printer/serial number. I recycled the printer at Best Buy when I purchased the new printer. Is there another way that does not require serial number?

In regards to the locked feature, when I tried to change the printer update settings, it stated that "the feature was locked by the person who set up the printer". I already tried the semi-full reset procedure, but it did not resolve the issue. Should I try it again?

Thanks again.

HP Recommended

@Aspento

I have sent you a private message with the instructions to perform the reset, kindly try and let me know how it goes. Also, I have sent you additional information as to how to contact the HP Support team.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.