02-10-2020 03:24 PM
I have recieved a mandatory update on my Envy 5055 printer. Now it will not connect to my laptop. I have always used hardwire, but I guess update was supposed to make it wireless but it is not working, any suggestions?
02-12-2020 04:45 PM
Welcome to HP Support community.
Restore the printer to the original network settings
1. From the Home screen, touch (Wireless) and then touch ( Settings ).
2. Touch Restore Network Settings, and then follow the onscreen instructions.
3. Print the network configuration page and verify that the network settings have been reset.
Use printer setup wizard
1. On the printer control panel display, from the Home screen, touch ( Wireless ).
2. Touch ( Settings ).
3. Touch Wireless Setup Wizard or Wi-Fi Protected Setup.
4. Follow the display instructions to complete the setup.
Perform root level uninstallation to remove all the printer related software's.
- In Windows, search for and open Programs and Features.
- Select your HP printer.
- Select Uninstall.
- In Windows, search for and open Devices and Printers.
- In the Devices and Printers window look for your HP Printer. If you see it listed, right-click on it and choose "Delete" or "Remove Device.”
- Open up the run command with the "Windows Key + R" key combo.
- Type printui.exe /s and click OK.
- Click on Drivers tab.
- Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it click on it and click Remove at the bottom.
- Select OK.
- Remove all instances of the same.
- Select Apply and OK on the Print Server Properties windows.
- Close Devices and Printers.
- Restart the PC again.
Download and install printer driver
Click here to download the driver.
I hope that helps.
To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.
I am an HP Employee