09-03-2018 12:07 PM
I have an OfficeJet 5740 which has worked fine until now.
A couple of days ago the printer software on my computer updated to a new version due to some security risk. Since then I cannot print.
The printer software wants to install something on the printer it seems. It finds the printer, but it cannot install whatever it is trying on the printer - and therefore I cannot use my printer anymore.
The printer is connected wireless.
I have tried disabling my Windows Firewall, My McAfee firewall and Realtime scan, My router firewall (all at the same time), but it does not help.
I have also tried the Scan Doctor, but still the same result.
Solved! Go to Solution.
09-04-2018 03:46 PM
Welcome to HP Forums,
This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips,
Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂
I recommend you delete the driver and root level and retry, follow the steps below:
1)In Windows, search for and open Programs and features
2) Select your HP Printer
3) Select Uninstall
4) In Windows, search for and open Devices and printers
5) In the Devices and Printers windows look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose ‘Delete’ or ‘Remove Device’
6) Open up the run command with the “Windows key + R” key combo.
7) Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between “printui.exe” and “/s”)
😎 Click on the “Drivers” tab
9) Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click Remove at the bottom
10) Select Ok
11) Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows
12) Close Devices and Printers
Once done, follow this link and install full feature driver software. 🙂
Keep me posted,
If the information I’ve provided was helpful,
Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons,
That’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!
Good Luck. 🙂
I am an HP Employee
09-05-2018 02:04 PM
Hurray!!! I'm delighted to hear that it's working! Feel free to reach out to us again. Have a great day. 🙂
Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,
It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.
You've been great to work with and it has been a genuine pleasure interacting with you.
I hope both you and your product works great and remain healthy for a long time 😉
I am an HP Employee