Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
OfficeJet 250 Mobile All-in-One

Hi,

I have vertical white lines on the display of my OfficeJet 250 Mobile printer. Can anyone help please? Printer hardly used.

Thank you.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Randalina The fact that you've hardly used the printer could be a reason this isn't working as it should, as the ink may dry up if not used often, that said, If you've ensured genuine HP Ink cartridges are being used, try the below steps:

Using incorrect paper for the print job might cause warping, lines, or streaks. Refer to the following guidelines to make sure the paper you are using is appropriate. If it is not, reload the printer with an appropriate paper type.

NOTE: 

To purchase paper in the United States and Canada, go to HP Home & Home Office.

• Load the paper print side up in the input tray. Many papers have printing and nonprinting sides, like photo paper and other special media. Usually, the smoother side is the "print side," and sometimes the non-print side has a logo of the paper manufacturer on it.

• Do not use wrinkled or curled paper. Load only clean, wrinkle-free paper into the printer.

Image: Do not use wrinkled paper

• Use the correct paper type for your project.

• For everyday text documents, plain paper with ColorLok technology works well. Paper with ColorLok technology is industry-standard paper that works well with HP ink.

• For documents with dense printing, such as high contrast graphics or photographs, use HP Advanced Photo Paper for the best results.

• Some media may not absorb ink as well as others. If your prints smear easily, make sure you are using a recommended paper.

• Store photo paper in its original packaging inside a resealable plastic bag. Store the paper on a flat surface in a cool, dry place. Load 10-15 sheets of photo paper only when you are ready to print, and then put the unused paper back in the packaging.

• Try using a different paper. This determines if the problem is related to the paper.

Try to print again. If the print quality is unacceptable, continue to the next step.

FOR DETAILS & FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS, USE THIS LINK: CLICK HERE & SKIP TO STEP 4 ONWARD

(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us within 24 - 48hrs, and have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Riddle_decipher, Thank you for your reply. My problem is not with the printing. I have Vertical likes on the small screen on the printer. The little display thing.

HP Recommended

@Randalina I appreciate the clarification, that said, here's what I suggest to fix the issue:

Let's start with performing a Hard Reset: 

• With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and also unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
  • Remove USB cable, if present.
  • Wait for 2-3 minutes, press and hold the power button on your printer for about 30 seconds to remove any additional charge.
  • Now plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet without any surge protector or an extension cord (This is important) and then plug back the power cord to the printer.
  • Turn on the printer and wait till warm-up period finishes and the printer is idle.

Perform Firmware Update: Follow steps from the link: Click here for steps.

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

It's a mobile printer. Do I wait for the battery to get completely depleted or there's another way?

HP Recommended

@Randalina Yes, please wait for it to deplete and proceed accordingly.

Keep me posted!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.