02-12-2020 05:08 AM
My printer all of a sudden is printing very very slow. Like 1 page of text in 5-8 minutes kind of slow.
I haven't really made any changes that I am aware of that could be causing this.
When I print the printer info pages etc the print comes out at lighting speed but prints sent from my pc, via email or even photocopies are really really slow.
What is the issue and how do I fix it?
02-14-2020 12:12 PM
Welcome to HP support community.
Update the printer firmware
For more detailed steps, go to Updating or Upgrading Printer Firmware.
Perform root level uninstallation to remove all the printer related software's.
- In Windows, search for and open Programs and Features.
- Select your HP printer.
- Select Uninstall.
- In Windows, search for and open Devices and Printers.
- In the Devices and Printers window look for your HP Printer. If you see it listed, right-click on it and choose "Delete" or "Remove Device.”
- Open up the run command with the "Windows Key + R" key combo.
- Type printui.exe /s and click OK.
- Click on Drivers tab.
- Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it click on it and click Remove at the bottom.
- Select OK.
- Remove all instances of the same.
- Select Apply and OK on the Print Server Properties windows.
- Close Devices and Printers.
- Restart the PC again.
Download and install printer full feature driver
Click here to download the driver.
I hope that helps.
To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.
I am an HP Employee
02-17-2020 02:18 PM
If you have tried all the steps mentioned in mentioned in this HP document:- Click here
If the issue persists, I request you to talk to HP support.
They might have multiple options to help you with this.
- Click on this link - https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp?openCLC=true
- Select the country.
- Enter the serial of your device.
- Select the country from the drop-down.
- Click on "Show Options".
Fill the web-form. A case number and phone number will now populate for you.
I am an HP Employee