Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

A big thankyou from Steve Portelli in Perth Australia to Bob [USA] I had hassles and Bob kindly done the fix by Remote Assistance. A3 printing is a goer now. Cheers!

HP Recommended
I have a Color LaserJet 3600n. It provided the capability to do manual duplex printing until I upgraded to a new computer running Windows Vista. Now it completes the entire print job, separated by odd and even pages (with the second half updside down compared to the first half) and does not pause to allow the back side to be printed from the front tray. The on-computer-screen user prompt to move the first half of the print job to the front tray is still shown. I am using the latest HP driver for the 3600n and have checked the driver settings to be sure manual duplex is enabled. Any help to solve this would be appreciated. My first post to the forum about this issue occured last September and yielded no results except for one other customer who indicated he had the same problem.
HP Recommended

Hi Bob,

I was previously able to do manual duplexing for my Photosmart 2610 when i was still using XP. Now i'm using Vista and have installed the patch. How do i do manual duplexing? Where can i set the preferences?

I have tried using setting "Duplex Unit" to INSTALLED, but still i don't see any options in Printing Preferences. Pls help. Thanks

PS: I do not have a Duplex Unit.

HP Recommended

Sleepiey wrote:

Hi Bob,

I was previously able to do manual duplexing for my Photosmart 2610 when i was still using XP. Now i'm using Vista and have installed the patch. How do i do manual duplexing? Where can i set the preferences?

I have tried using setting "Duplex Unit" to INSTALLED, but still i don't see any options in Printing Preferences. Pls help. Thanks

PS: I do not have a Duplex Unit.

If you do not have the duplexer then do the following:  go to the Printers folder. Right click on the  2610, Run as Administrator, Properties, (continue), Device Settings, Installable Options, set the Duplex unit to "Not installed",  set Allow Manual Duplexing to "Enabled", OK.

Once this is done you should have the option to seelct "Print on Both Sides - Manually" from the quick set or to select manual duplexing in the Finishing tab.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

Hi Bob,

I did what you said, but the in the Printing Shortcuts tab, OFF is the only option for the "Print on Both Sides" field. There's no 2-sided print option in the Finishings tab as well.

HP Recommended

Just a note of thanks! I found this thread after joining the forums to find a fix for the PhotoPrint gadget for Vista Sidebar Not only did this thread lead to a solution for that problem but within 10 minutes I was printing automatically on both sides of a sheet of paper. Something I didn't even realize my C7280 was capable of!

Thanks again!

gdawg

HP Recommended

I have the officejet 7410 and cannot print right with the front and back settings.   I am using Vista 64 bit and have downloaded the newest drivers for that OS.  The problem i am having is the document will print with the back side upside down.  I have also tried testing different settings like the initial post said with no luck.  None of the settings ive found seem to effect that at all. 

I also have the printer hooked to a computer running XP Pro and it runs great and the settings do what they say.

Thanks for any help.

HP Recommended

blkexp98 wrote:

I have the officejet 7410 and cannot print right with the front and back settings.   I am using Vista 64 bit and have downloaded the newest drivers for that OS.  The problem i am having is the document will print with the back side upside down.  I have also tried testing different settings like the initial post said with no luck.  None of the settings ive found seem to effect that at all. 

Read the first post in this thread and click on the link given in the "Back side prints upside down" for a patch that will fix the issue.

Regards,
Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Printing/Imaging

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

have sold a HP 8500 wireless printer.  unable to get double sided printing on the legal size paper.  need your help. though the brochure claims duplex feature.

HP Recommended

SIDDIQUE wrote:

have sold a HP 8500 wireless printer.  unable to get double sided printing on the legal size paper.  need your help. though the brochure claims duplex feature.

What is your operating system?  Does duplexing work with letter size paper?  Are there any error messages when you try to print legal size with the duplexer?

Regards,
Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Printing/Imaging

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.