Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
macOS 10.13 High Sierra

It used to be the case that if I didn't specifically log out, than when I returned to the HP Ink web site, I would be still be logged in. That no longer works. Is there a way to avoid having to enter a userid and password every time?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi @ldamario

Thank you for posting on HP Forums
It’ll be an honor to guide you through the steps needed to identify and address your query.

Like other browsers, Safari has a built-in password manager that can autofill website usernames and passwords for you. Here's how to see, edit, and add saved passwords in Safari on the Mac and in iOS.

When you log into sites or create a new login, Safari will ask you if you want to save the password (and username).

Go to Preferences in the Safari menu.

Click the Passwords tab.

Tap Add Password

Enter the URL(Instant Ink Website URL), username, and password.

I hope this information helps. If you have any other concerns, keep me informed.

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow.

Cheers

MathewT
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

Your reply does not address the question in my original post.  I know about password managers.  That's not what I was asking about. 

HP Recommended

Hi @ldamario

Welcome back!

You don't have to be logged into HP Instant Ink web page all the time. Make sure your printer is connected to the internet. This will help us track your Ink usage and ship you cartridges before you run out.

You can log in to check your page usage and other details at your own convenience.

After a certain period of time, if you are not active on a page, you will be logged out. This is to make sure customers account is secure. This way no one who has access to your computer can view or make changes to your account information.

I hope this information helps.

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow.

Cheers

MathewT

MathewT
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

Did this information help? Do you need any further assistance?

Let us know.

Cheers

MathewT

MathewT
I am an HP Employee 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.