Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended

Good luck Buggee.   I think you are going to need it.   🙂

HP Recommended
I managed to connect wirelessly finally after reading this post however I was wondering if you can setup both the wireless connection and the usb connection on the same laptop at the same time. Just wanted to do this in case my wireless router is down and i need to print something quickly via usb. I have tried this but cannot load the driver for usb use once the wireless has been working. Thanks for any help.
HP Recommended

I would recommend first trying to turn off wifi on the computer; you may also have to make something else the default printer if you can. After turning off the wifi a reboot may be necessary. I would recommend using the driver CD that comes with the printer. Turn off the wireless on the printer so the router will drop it for when you do want to go back to wifi with the computer.  Remember that you install the software, and then plug in the printer to USB when prompted. 

Since mine works well both solo and routed, I have not needed to try this but that is what I would do.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the help. Still doesnt work but i'll keep trying. At least I can print wirelessly.

HP Recommended

I read through this entire thread, and I am still without a wireless printer - either through the router or standalone. 

My most recent install was through a USB connection to my computer.

I have been unable to get the wireless working. I am beginning to suspect that it simply doesn't work on this printer, but I have fooled around with it for so long (and then given up, and used it in a wired setup) that it isn't under warranty.

I tried following the steps in the first post, and I feel like a real ninny.

I connected the printer to my router.

At the LCD screen, I go through the following steps:

Setup Menu -> Network Setup -> Show IP Address -> Yes

Then what? I have a star next to "yes." I don't see an address there. When I return to the main menu, I don't see an IP address.

Based on the thread, I visited the TCP/IP screen and checked it out. Don't know what to do there for a manual setup, so I left it at automatic.

One of the many times I tried to set up the printer I removed the Ethernet cable and pressed the wireless beacon on the front and my auto-connect button on the router. They never found each other.

I hope that someone can guide me more precisely. I would gladly work through the printer alone or through a connection to my PC. Wired to my router or standalone wireless. Something so that computers can print to this printer wirelessly.

HP Recommended

Hello Queenoid      Since you have found this forum, I assume you have read through the comments and replies and have realized that all of us are having trouble with our wireless printers from HP.    I am very disappointed that HP themselves is not willing to help us with a real fix to this problem.   I am in the process of searching out a replacement for my printer that is just over a year old.  I WILL NOT BE BUYING ANOTHER HP    I can assure you of that.

Good luck to everyone else who is going to stick it out.  

HP Recommended

Hello,

For issues with setting the printer up and maintain the wireless connection. I have included the following document 'Printer Does Not Maintain Wireless Connection'. Please follow through the steps in order, for the best result.

Note: for those that have the Mac computer some of these steps may not apply to you, such as Step seven: Download a tool to resolve the issue automatically. This tool is compatible with Windows only.

Thank you.

I worked on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

I have been using a 1525CP for many months over my wireless network.  I went on vacation to Disney for 9 days.  Upon returning, I found that my computer had rebooted due to one of those Microsoft Security reboots.  Now I cannot print.  I have turned off the printer and rebooted my computer again, thinking that would correct the issue.  No luck.  How can I get the computer to talk to the printer again?

Eugene

HP Recommended

Hello MacFearless,

Thank you for the information. At this point with the information that has been given, it sounds as though you just need to refresh the printer connection. On windows, you would just need to delete the printer from the device and printer page, and re add the printer.

If you are running a Mac computer. I have included the following document, 'Mac OS X: How to reset the printing system'. Once the printing system has been reset, please select the plus (+) sign in the bottom left, and re-add the printer.

If the above steps fail. I would need to know what version of the Mac or Windows operating system that you are running. I have included the following documents, below if you do need them.

'Which Windows operating system am I running?'
'Finding your OS X version and build information'

Thank you.

I worked on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

I have the similar problem.  My printer was working fine till I replaced the router.  I spent endless hours to setup the printer wirelessly but without any result.  Finally I got the answer from Verizon expert who indicated that their current router is NOT 'WPS' compatible and as such we can not use that option from the printer conteol panel.  So far I have not been able to install the printer wirelessly.  Currently Verizon's latest routers do not support WPS.  Any suggestions?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.