Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Envy Photo 7855
iOS

My most recent delivery of Instant Ink included a promotional flyer for The HP Social Media Snapshot app. It sounded like fun—print photos and stick ‘em onto things. I ordered a pack of the sticky-back photo paper. Later I went looking for the app in the Apple App Store. Cannot find it, no matter what search terms I try. Can anyone tell me what’s going on?

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@Caesar3 Review the following network and device requirements for the HP Social Media Snapshots app.

• A mobile device connected to a wireless network with an active Internet connection

• An HP printer connected to the same wireless network as your mobile device

• Apple iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch using AirPrint with iOS v7.1 or later

• Android 4.0 and later tablets and phones with the HP Print Service Plugin installed

For more information about printing with Android, go to Printing with HP Print Service Plugin.

For more details on this: click here

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Have you guys checked the app stores?, I couldn't find it neither..... 

HP Recommended

Same here, I just bought the "Social Media Snapshots Paper" from the HP store this week! It says to download the "HP Social Media Snapshots App", which doesn't exist on the Google Play store. There's also a link to http://hp.com/go/snapshots printed on the package, which goes to a page saying "HP Photo Creations program has retired since November 30, 2019. The software no longer runs after that date." What is going on here???

You cannot sell a product that can't actually be used anymore! I will ask for a refund.

HP Recommended

After more digging and experiments, I was able to use the paper with the 4x5 inch paper size setting of my brand new HP Tango X printer. Nevertheless, advertising and selling paper WITH AN APP to create fun posts from social media is a SCAM when the app doesn't exist anymore! HP, please fix the product description and offer a discount on the paper, since half of the deal doesn't exist anymore. Also update the documentation and the linked page so no more of your loyal customers waste hours on this. Very bad customer experience!

HP Recommended

@Vera6 Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that you are unable to install the HP Social Media Snapshots app.

Do not worry. I will try to fix the issue.

Review the following network and device requirements for the HP Social Media Snapshots app.

• A mobile device connected to a wireless network with an active Internet connection

• An HP printer connected to the same wireless network as your mobile device

• Apple iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch using AirPrint with iOS v7.1 or later

• Android 4.0 and later tablets and phones with the HP Print Service Plugin installed

For more information about printing with Android, go to Printing with HP Print Service Plugin.

You have to install the plugins.

Please refer to the below link. 

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04854860

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

@praveen196 - as stated, we have all read through those pages and all the device requirements are met, and the HP Print Service Plugin installed. But the HP Social Media Snapshots app DOESN'T EXIST anymore! Just send me a link to the APP. Look on the Google Play store and the app store. It can't be found on any of them.

Send us a link to install the app. That's all we're asking for. If you can't find it either, please escalate the issue.

HP Recommended

@Vera6

I understand your concerns.

Please refer to the below link.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/ish_2843711-2427128-16 

If you still facing issues with the app, I would suggets you contact our phone support and check for the support option. They will help you.

Here is how you can get in touch with phone support.

1)Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

We are experiencing longer than expected wait times to reach an agent due to the CoViD-19 impact and there might have been issues in you getting the expected resolution on the issue. 

Have a nice day!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.