Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
officejet 6960/70
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I have been told that it is ok to to turn off an instamt ink printer for a few  days but what ahappens if ur away for a couple of weeks or even longer? Does this affect the way the instant ink system works? I don't really see why it should but I'm not signing up to instant ink until I find out. Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
Hi,

If you're offline for a few days/weeks, you'll get some messaging to reconnect - upon your return from holidays, when you re-connect, you'll contimue to be able to print again without isssue.

"
"Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended
Hi,

If you're offline for a few days/weeks, you'll get some messaging to reconnect - upon your return from holidays, when you re-connect, you'll contimue to be able to print again without isssue.

"
"Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
HP Recommended

Hello, 

Your HP Instant Ink service cannot be suspended or placed on hold. If you are gone for a month or less, your account rolls over up to your monthly plan pages limit for one month. If you must be away for an extended period of time and do not want to be charged for the HP Instant Ink service during that time, you need to cancel the service, and then re-enroll when desired. If you cancel your account and re-enroll, all free promotional months and rollover pages are forfeit, even if you re-enroll.

Please check the link below to know more about instant ink.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Instant-Ink-series/5264756/model/5401249/document/c03917913/

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

*Say thanks by clicking the "Kudos! Star" which is on the left*
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue.

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP. --Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you. --Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"

Thanks and Regards,
John_domnic.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.