Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Photosmart C4280 all-in-one
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

This printer has worked fine in the past. It is a bit old. I used one that has a fax machine for a while, but after I didn't need that 1, I set this 1 up again...maybe a yr ago? Recently, it has not recognized the ink cartridges as being installed. I believe I bought the 74 & 75 cartridges maybe 2 months ago, so they're fairly new. I've looked up help on this board and tried unplugging from the back then the outlet for 15 seconds and plugging it back in...no help. I read how to clean off the cartridges and where the cartridges go into...no help. I even unplugged it from the back and the outlet for 20 minutes...no help.

I read somewhere on this board no other printers use 74 & 75 ink (or was it one of them?). So if I were to buy new ink and that isn't the problem....?

Can anyone help me?

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

The following change may help:

http://www8.hp.com/au/en/pdf/HP_Printer-to-cartridge_compatibility_guide_tcm_184_1233104.pdf

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi,

The following change may help:

http://www8.hp.com/au/en/pdf/HP_Printer-to-cartridge_compatibility_guide_tcm_184_1233104.pdf

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

I have a HP j6450 All-in-One Printer.  Several plastic pieces have broken on the lid that rises when I install ink cartridges.  I cannot get the lid to close properly.  Since I have a good supply of cartridges, I would like to purchase a printer that will use them.  Can you direct me to a supplier, preferrably Amazon?  Thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.