Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
OziNozi
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

What ink should I use on HP C1683 All in One printer?

HP C1683 All in One printer

Hey guys, I have an old HP C1683 and I'm thinking about putting it back to use. Unfortunately, I have lost my instructions manual and can't find what ink is it going to use? Is HP 02 the right ink for this printer?

3 REPLIES 3
Level 11
Level 11
2,974 2,969 341 441
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Forget about that printer especially if it was stored a longer period without usage. You will have print quality issues and probably blue screen with error code.

View my profile on LinkedIn
OziNozi
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Sorry, I made a typo, it's c6183 actually, is that printer also out of date? I think they still make the ink for that one, eh?

0 Kudos
Level 16
Level 16
26,375 26,099 4,656 10,246
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi,

An HP Photosmart C6183 printer uses HP 177 cartridges in the Middle East, 02 cartridges in the Asia Pacific, mentioning both as I'm not sure about the geographical area.

When you open the ink cartridge access door, you should likely find the ink number listed on a label too.

Following @Valsimot's suggestion above, be aware that indeed after few years of storage the internal printhead and tubes may get clogged so print quality issues may occur and may require servicing the printer if it cannot get resolved by standard cleaning tasks. Please consider that before spending money on new cartridges.

2019_MeetupAward_Signature_FINAL(1).png
Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up in the post.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation