Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP DESKJET 3630 All In One
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My printer is using an IP address as every device does ,
when i go to my browser and put printer IP address then Main menu opened of HP printer settings.
except INK level and and IP addresses all features got a lock mark and if i click then a dialog box open and ask me Administrator user name and password !
i tried my computer user name password and others user names and password but non worked !
i don't know how to enter in those setting and features to customise my auto shut down timer or other features !

One thing i want to clear is , I am not asking for HP Eprint User name or Password, Or HP Direct Password Or My Router SSID Passphrase. I am asking Embedded Web Server User name and Password.
i have uploaded pictures as well so you can see !
If you know please help me ! i would be very grateful to you.
Many thanks and best regards 

HP pic 1.pngHP pic 2.png

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Hi,

I can't see why and where the printer asks for password. Please try user admin/Admin and password admin/Admin. Otherwise please try:

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Inkjet-Printing/Unlock-error-message-quot-this-feature-has-been-locked-...

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

thank you very much for your kind reply Ban , its EWS (Embedded Web Server

to unlock you need login name and password , in booklet it gives you detail how to use

EWS but it does not tell about login details and how to reset ?

thanks for the link it will be helpful.

Regards

HP Recommended

Hello. I'm having the same problem with my printer.  Could you please tell me what you did to correct it?

Ms. M. Merideth
HP Recommended

hi there,

i had been trying to find way out but could not find so i forgot this issue 😞

Spoiler

HP Recommended
I actually stumbled across a n Answer last night & was up late but I got it fixed.
While holding down the power button, press the black copy button twice & then the cancel button three times. It completely reset the whole system. I gat to stumble my way through set up from scratch but I got it. Thanks.
Ms. M. Merideth
HP Recommended
What do I do after resetting my printer?
HP Recommended

anyone who can help on this.... badly stuck and not able to figure out what to do

HP Recommended

@keny_india,

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Let's try these steps here: 

Network Restore - Press the Wireless button and the Cancel button from the printer control panel at the same time, and then hold them for three seconds.

If the router has a WPS push button, try these steps to connect the printer to the network -

1) Press and hold the Wireless button on the printer for more than three seconds to start WPS push mode. The Wireless light starts blinking.

2) Press the WPS button on your router.

NOTE: THE MOMENT YOU PRESS THE WIRELESS BUTTON ON YOUR PRINTER, WITHIN 30 SECONDS YOU SHOULD PRESS THE WPS BUTTON ON THE ROUTER.

If this step is not successful, then we need to first connect the printer to a computer using a USB and then convert the wired connection to wireless as the printer does not have a control panel to enter the Wi-Fi password. 

Please refer to this link for steps.

If you have followed the steps suggested and still having the issue. I would suggest the next step would be to perform an advanced reset on the printer. 

I am sending you a private message with the steps to reset the printer. Please check the mailbox icon at the top-right corner of this screen.

Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile,

Next, to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.

I hope this helps resolve this issue completely,

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Default user name in this case is " admin ", in case you as well set a password your for HP printer network and had trouble logging back into your HP printer network administrator settings.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.