Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 4500 e-All-in-One

I am trying to provide my serial number and propduct number to a required form, so that I can find out the warrenty status of my ENVY 4500 e-all-in-one printer.  The serial number is on the Universal Code sticker along with another number called the FPU No.  While I am wondering what the FPU No. is, I can not find the product number anywhere.  I even made the assumption that the FPU No. was the product number and I tried entering it on the entry form but it got rejected.  Can anyone tell me what is going on? 

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Welcome back to the HP Community @Stevie_D,

I understand that you are trying to locate your product number on your HP ENVY 4500, and I will be happy to help.

Check out the document below, it explains how and where to find the product number on HP printers.

HP Printers - How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?

The FPU (Floating Product Unit) number you are seeing near the serial number is a number used by the HP engineers. It is similar to the product number, however, it has extra characters on it. 

I hope this helps.

If this helps show appreciation for my reply by hitting the thumbs up below

Click the "Accept as Solution" button if I have helped you reach a solution.

MarcelusWallace

I work on behalf of HP

★Please click "Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
★Click the "Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the right to say "Thanks" for helping!

HP Recommended

I zoek het productnummer maar kan alleen een FPU code vinden

HP Recommended

@MarcelusWallacewrote:

Welcome back to the HP Community @Stevie_D,

I understand that you are trying to locate your product number on your HP ENVY 4500, and I will be happy to help.

Check out the document below, it explains how and where to find the product number on HP printers.

HP Printers - How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?

The FPU (Floating Product Unit) number you are seeing near the serial number is a number used by the HP engineers. It is similar to the product number, however, it has extra characters on it. 

I hope this helps.

If this helps show appreciation for my reply by hitting the thumbs up below

Click the "Accept as Solution" button if I have helped you reach a solution.

------------------

"it has extra characters on it. "
after the - or ???

HP Recommended

Howe do I find out what Series my HP Envy 5000 printer is?

HP Recommended

@Theophrastus Welcome to HP Community!

Here's all you need to know and do to find the product series/details:

Click here for steps on finding the information we need!

Remember: Do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc.

I hope that answers your query,  

If it did, simply select "Accept as solution", to help the community grow, 

And if you wish to thank us for our efforts, click on the thumbs up for kudos.

Have a great day ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.