Level 1
11 9 0 1
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

What is this cable for?

HP Envy Photo 7855 All in one
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I was troubleshooting other issues and a noise when printer started to print and found a crumpled strip that looked like a twist tie on the left side of the interior.  I thought it was some packing material and picked it out, only to find it was really a flat cable.  Ouch!  Its absence has not affected regular printing, but I imagine something will no longer work.  Anyone have any idea what the cable was for and how to reconnect it?  It's a AWM 2896 80C 30V VW1, about 13" long.  Arrrgghhhh....

2 REPLIES 2
Level 13
Level 13
6,139 6,109 492 1,037
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

What is this cable for?

Hello, Could you attach an picture of for further assistance. The description you have mentioned seems like a flex cable. Have you tried scanning to check if its working fine.
Regards,
Jabzi

Give Kudos to say "thanks" by clicking on the "thumps Up icon" .

Click "Accept as Solution" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
0 Kudos
lconnietoo
Level 1
11 9 0 1
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

What is this cable for?

It is scanning just fine.  The ribbon cable is about 3/16" wide.  Here is a link to the item:

https://www.radwell.com/Shop?source=GoogleShopping&IgnoreRedirect=true&ItemSingleId=67184817&utm_sou...

Must be for faxing or some attribute of scanning, but not an easy thing to find in any of the manuals.  Maybe parts?  Haven't tried that yet.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation